Chapter 68

"Papapapa!" The octopus monster realized that if it didn't run now, it would truly meet its end on this beach. Despite being unable to see anything at the moment, it instinctively flailed its tentacles, continued to release ink, and desperately tried to escape back to the sea. A few drops of randomly splattered ink stained Ren Chenxi's clothes, but upon contact, they made her invisible. Meanwhile, Mu Ning made a move.

"Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh—" This time, 20 thick vines entangled the octopus monster, once again halting its escape. Ren Chenxi seized the opportunity, swiftly throwing the remaining three SR Burst Cards, leaving the octopus monster with a mere 3% of its health!

"Papapa—" The octopus monster struggled even more frantically, breaking all 20 vines, including the ones that bound it. Ren Chenxi didn't have time to check if the octopus monster's blindness had ended; she immediately played a Flash Card while hurling the remaining three R-grade Burst Cards at it. However, these three R-grade Burst Cards had no impact on the octopus monster's health bar.

Watching the octopus monster stop spewing ink and focus on accelerating its escape, 20 vines appeared in mid-air, entwining it once again. Simultaneously, ice spikes densely covered its surroundings, ruthlessly piercing the octopus monster's body. In that instant, the octopus monster's health bar finally hit bottom!

The eight enormous octopus tentacles, seemingly unwilling, thrashed wildly a few more times, breaking the last vines clinging to its body. The massive body then crashed heavily onto the sandy ground. At the same time, Ren Chenxi noticed Mu Ning's health bar dropping significantly, ultimately stopping at a slightly elevated position from the sand. Could it be... she exhausted her stamina and fainted?

Ignoring the deceased 8th-tier octopus monster, Ren Chenxi hurried to Mu Ning's health bar. Mu Ning's health had decreased by 10%, possibly related to the strain of using her ability or getting injured while preventing the octopus monster from escaping. Without hesitation, Ren Chenxi immediately used a healing card on Mu Ning. After applying the healing card, Ren Chenxi also noted that Mu Ning's level was now displayed as 6th tier.

Did she push herself to the limit during the final battle with the octopus monster, causing her ability to advance? Was that how her water-based ability mutated into an ice-based one? Without speculating this way, Ren Chenxi couldn't explain the dense ice spikes that claimed the octopus monster's final life.

While the invisibility buff next to Mu Ning's health bar still remained, Ren Chenxi could see Mu Ning's health bar. However, she couldn't discern which way Mu Ning was facing and could only cautiously reach out under the health bar, attempting to support Mu Ning.

Then, Ren Chenxi touched a very soft area. While feeling Mu Ning, Ren Chenxi hadn't realized where exactly she touched, extending her other hand, only to encounter another soft lump. Now, Ren Chenxi finally understood which part of Mu Ning she had touched with both hands, and her face turned red in an instant. Hurriedly retracting her hands, she heard Mu Ning's very soft voice in the air, "You... is it because I touched you once, so now you want to touch back?"

"..." You damn well didn't faint!

Ren Chenxi felt incredibly embarrassed. Initially, she thought Mu Ning had fainted, and she could brush off the accidental touch as if nothing happened. Little did she know...

The atmosphere froze momentarily. After a while, Mu Ning's gentle voice came again, "Aren't you going to dig out the octopus crystal nucleus?"

"What time is it, and you're still concerned about the octopus's crystal nucleus?" Ren Chenxi rolled her eyes with irritation, but Mu Ning couldn't see her since she was in stealth mode.

"How do you feel now?" Mu Ning's voice was not only soft but also slightly breathless, conveying both weakness and fatigue.

"I... I'm okay. Just rest for a while. You go ahead and dig out the octopus crystal nucleus. The crystal from an 8th-tier mutated octopus can easily attract other high-tier sea creatures."