Chapter 47

"However, if this lightning ability user charges so much, is there no alternative to buying electricity from him in the base? Since there are modified generators for lightning ability users, are there no solar generators?" Jian Dan also raised her own question.

"Modification is possible, but most of the solar panels have been taken by the base to power important security and management systems. We have limited access to solar panels, and if we rely on solar power, it's slow and insufficient. Moreover, after the apocalypse, sunny days become rare after entering autumn. Sometimes, during long periods of overcast or rainy days, the base has to buy electricity from that lightning ability user!" Wu Tong shook her head with helplessness and continued, "Also, modifying a solar generator would definitely be expensive. Our current generator is sufficient, and for now, we haven't planned to modify it with a solar generator."

Hearing that modifying a solar generator would be very expensive, Ren Chenxi instinctively asked, "How many crystals did it cost to modify this generator?"

"60,000 level-1 crystals," Mu Ning answered on behalf of Wu Tong.

"..." 60,000 level-1 crystals. Big sister, are you casually telling me this with such a calm tone? Are you showing off your wealth to me? Are you showing off your wealth!

With a wooden face, Ren Chenxi opened the post-apocalyptic mall, which she hadn't opened in a long time, and searched for generators. Ha, what's 60,000 crystals? If you have the guts, can you afford the generators in my mall? Look at this hand-cranked generator. It only costs... Huh? Only 5,000 crystals??? Originally 10,000, crossed out, and now it's 5,000 as a VIP discount! When did she become a VIP???

In a hurry, Ren Chenxi switched the virtual panel to her personal information. Sure enough, her ordinary white name had turned into a shiny, bold, and cool-bordered gold name! At the same time, there was a shiny suffix — a 50% discount distinguished VIP!

"50% discount???" Seeing these four golden words, Ren Chenxi's heart skipped a beat. Immediately, she opened the card draw panel, and indeed, the original cost of 1000 crystals for a card draw had been crossed out. Now, the replacement was the VIP price of 500 crystals! For just 500 crystals, she could draw a card, and for 5000 crystals, she could do a 10-consecutive draw. Suddenly, Ren Chenxi felt that her path to power had become much smoother!

So... how did she become this distinguished VIP with a 50% discount? From her experience in online games, one usually had to spend money in the game to become a game VIP! However, this dog game didn't even have a recharge channel, and besides, the amount of money she had before the game update hadn't decreased! So, how did she become a VIP...

While suppressing her excitement, Ren Chenxi tried clicking on the shiny "50% discount distinguished VIP" to see if any useful information would pop up. This made Ren Chenxi realize the origin of this "distinguished VIP" status. Ultimately, it was because of Mu Ning's influence...

50% Discount Distinguished VIP: Achieve the "First Intimate Contact" achievement with your beloved goddess, and receive a 50% discount on all expenses. (If you can achieve the "Further Deepening, Water and Milk Integration, You in Me and Me in You" achievement with the goddess, you can receive a 90% discount achievement reward!)

After reading the fine print in parentheses, Ren Chenxi abruptly turned her head and glared at Mu Ning. Her cheeks couldn't help but flush. Although the achievement "Further Deepening" was expressed in a subtle manner, when she used to play games, under the influence of a group of old otaku friends, she could still understand its meaning! It meant she had to... with Mu Ning...

Damn it!

"What's wrong?" Just talking normally, yet suddenly being glared at, Mu Ning, though a bit puzzled, saw Ren Chenxi's flushed cheeks, and there was a hint of shyness in her round eyes. To be honest, seeing the same expression of anger and embarrassment as Ren Muhui's on a face exactly like his, it was kind of cute.