The past still haunts

Branch's pov:

I held my gut in pure agony, my stomach growled like a hungry lion. I was laid against a large rock, getting mud and dirt all over me. The lack of food was driving me a little insane, my brain went fuzzy. I sat up looking at my foot, I ripped my skin down to the bone, it looked like a horror scene. The pain was to much, I laid back on the rock as I tried to keep a steady breathing pace, I breathed in and out and then stopped, I let go and fainted.

bitty Bs POV, (flashback / dream)

It was brozones first show of October! Me and my brothers have been working on our song for ages. I was very nervous to mess up, it was all so overwhelming. I hugged onto Floyd tightly as he carried me backstage with the rest of my brothers

"You fucked us up spruce!" John Dory threw his hands up

"It's not my fault you changed the dance!" Spruce growled

Both my brothers started arguing like rapid dogs, Clay had to hold John Dory back from attacking spruce. I nuzzled my face into Floyd's chest trying to block out the loud screaming.

"Guys stop! Your scaring branch." Floyd yelled

The yelling just turned into a huge blur for me, I couldn't understand the jumbled words together.

"Give branch to me." John Dory scoffed

"No!" Floyd held me tighter.

Spruce started to tear up as he stomped off of backstage. I tried to follow him, jumping out of Floyd's arms. Floyd grabbed my hand and stopped me from leaving.

"John dory you need to stop! You're tearing us apart." Clay groaned

"Bitty B COME HERE." John Dory yelled.

I walked slowly up to John Dory, putting my arms out so he could pick me up. John Dory lifted me up in the air tossing me up. I giggled as I clung back into his arms.

"You don't think I'm mean do you branch?" John Dory chuckled.

"N-no!" I stuttered.

John Dory put me down as I sat back onto the floor, I was still sore from all the dancing I had to do on stage.

"Branch doesn't think I'm mean, you guys need to suck it up!" John Dory rolled his eyes

"Branch is a baby!" Floyd growled.

Then my brothers started yelling again, I got scared and wondered off backstage. The screaming was freaking me out, my heart pounding out of my chest. I saw spruce crying in a corner outside and I stumbled over to him.

"Sprucey?" I mumbled

"Oh branch, hi..." spruce cried.

Spruce quickly wiped his tears before patting the spot next to him. I sat next to spruce and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders bringing me in.

"Why are you crying? What did John Dory say to you?" I questioned

"John dory doesn't think my body is good enough to be the 'heart throb'" spruce sobbed

Body? What was wrong with spruces body? I didn't think anything was wrong with him at all.

"Is that why you skipped dinner?" I questioned

"Eating will make you fat branch." Spruce said in a serious tone.

I went silent, he was so serious now. It was like spruce hadn't been crying before... his whole mood changed in a flash.

"And nobody will like you if you're fat." Spruce added to his earlier comment.

Spruce put both hands on his knees and lifted himself up. He walked over towards the fans and started flirting. Spruce always handled the fans since everyone had a crush on him. I hope when I learn to write I can sign as many autographs as him! Then I heard more yelling from inside, I stumbled up some stairs and peeked through the door. Clay, Floyd and John Dory were still fighting.

"I know what you're doing John Dory!" Clay growled

"And what is that?" John Dory put his hands on his hips.

"You're using branch against us! Because if he's on your side then nobody can get mad at you!" Clay rolled his eyes

"Not my fault I'm better than you." John Dory scoffed.

Floyd pushed Clay out of the way and stepped infront of him. The anger burning in his eyes sorta scared me.

"Stop manipulating branch. Stop manipulating all of up!" Floyd yelled

I closed the door softly and backed away, I couldn't take anymore fighting. I just wanted us to be a family...

Branch's pov: (awake from the dream/ flashback)

I woke up in a cold sweat, the pain driving me mad. Why did I have to remember that memory... I still feel haunted from my old life. I just wish I could be NORMAL! I wish I could be the perfect brother for my family. Something was wrong with me. My stomach growled harshly, I wasn't going to make it much longer like this. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to make it at this point. I crawled my way out of the forest, it was so painful to move with my foot injury. I randomly found myself in the country troll town, we didn't live so far apart after all. One of the country trolls approached me, I fell to the floor as my eyesight went so fuzzy. I had lost so much blood.

50 minutes later

I regained consciousness as I sat up in a warm bed. I rubbed my head softly as my foot no longer pained me. I removed the covers off me and peeked down at my foot, it was wrapped in tight bandages. I wiggled my toes watching to see if I could move my foot. I laid back into the bed and reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out a party invite that was gifted to me from Poppy years ago. I still kept it after all these years, I loved Poppy so much... but I couldn't. Not like this. I peaked towards the door to the room opening and the person revealed is delta dawn! The country troll leader.

"Branch? Are you alright love?" Delta said in a thick accent

"Mmh... yeah I think so." I groaned

"What happened to you...?" Delta questioned

"Head wound is from a bunch of spiders and the foot is... well... it was an accident." I explained

Delta sat next to me on the bed checking my temperature, her orange hands sorta reminded me of Dante. I flinched at the touch, delta pulled away and covered her mouth.

"You look like you've been through alot." Delta giggled

"You couldn't imagine." I coughed