5- 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄

|| तेरे ज़ुल्फ़ों की ये नमी

तेरी आँखों का ये नशा
यहाँ खो भी जाऊँ तो
मैं क्या कसूर है मेरा ? ||

______________________________

I attempted to start her car, but it refused to cooperate

I attempted to start her car, but it refused to cooperate. This situation had often plagued me when I was in a rush—my car betraying me. Today seemed no different for her.

I could see the nervousness etched on her face; she was tense. I already felt guilty, even though it might not have been entirely my fault. Perhaps my words had triggered her emotions. Regardless, I wanted to assist her.

"Do you mind if I drop you home?" I offered.

She stood silently for a moment.

"Would you really?" she asked.

"Yeah, I mean, I asked you. Why wouldn’t I?" I responded.

"It would be so kind of you if you did. Please," she said.

Hearing her plea, I swiftly returned inside the house, retrieved my keys, and headed to the car.

I held the door open for her.

She looked at me with a perplexed expression.

I shut her door and settled into my seat.

Adjusting the mirror, I started the car, played some music, and pressed the accelerator.

I requested her to input her house's location into the map.

The drive was approximately 45 minutes from here, factoring in the slight traffic indicated by the map.

---

Fifteen minutes had passed since we departed. She had been lost in thought the entire time. She appeared fatigued or drowsy, or perhaps something else entirely.

As we passed an ice cream shop, she peered back at it intensely, prompting me to halt the car.

"What's wrong?" She jerked forward slightly due to the abrupt brakes.

"What happened? You glanced at that shop so intensely. I thought something was amiss," I inquired.

"Oh, no, nothing's wrong. This place usually closes by 8 because their ice cream is so good it sells out early. I was just surprised it's open this late tonight!" she explained.

"I see. Do you visit here often?" I asked.

"Yes, this is one of my favorite spots for ice cream," she replied.

"Would you like to have one tonight?" I suggested.

"Yeah, sure, why not? But we'll have to be quick since we're in a hurry," she agreed, and we got out of the car.