our future we make together

Kazuichis pov

I stared out at the big blue sea where their ship took off back to home. We five survivors decided to stay behind in hopes of awakening our sleeping friends. It was a one in a million chance but it was a chance we had to take.

"Kazu!" I jumped at the feeling of two arms wrapped around my waist. I took her hand with a smile.

"Hey mahiru"

She lay her chin against my shoulder with a smile "the seas so beautiful. Have you ever seen such a beautiful shade of blue"

"It would make a perfect picture" I smiled at her.

"My thoughts exactly" she stepped back and pulled out her camera "say cheese!" With one flash the picture was taken "ah now that's a keeper" she pulled out the picture with a grin.

"I meant take a picture of the sea not me" I shook my head.

"Eh I prefer taking pictures of others plus I got the sea in the background so it's a two in one deal" she winked at me before looking away sadly "I needed to get out. Just looking at hiyoko and the others was... too difficult"

"I know what you mean" I patted her shoulder "seeing hajime, ibuki and miss Sonia like that, it kinda feels like losing them again but it's different this time. Instead of watching them die we're going to save them"

"You really think we can save them" she asked uncertainly.

"I'm not sure but I know I'm going to feel like crap if I don't try" I ran a hand through my hair.

She nodded with a grin "ok no more laying about. I've got work to do and so do you got it!"

"Yes ma'am" I jumped to attention.

She giggled before taking my hand and leading me away. I turned back to the boat with a friend. I may have been a victim of misfortune but from here on out I'm making my future all of my own. A future filled with hope and filled with friends I can rely on. Sure I'm scared of what tomorrow brings but with such amazing people by my side I feel like I can take on this scary world...

The end.