The Final Island

Kazuichis pov

I wandered around the fivth and final island like a ghost. I still felt miserable after the funhouse and what happened to Sonia. I felt responsible for what happened. If I hadn't caused such a scene then maybe she wouldn't have broken down like that.

"Sharp tooth one" I was knocked out of my thoughts by gundam's booming voice "you look fatigued. After going so long without food you mustn't ignore the lunch hour. Come and join me for the feast of the gods!"

"You mean ramen?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Ha such ignorance! Don't you know that any feast with me is automatically a feast of the gods" gundam said proudly.

"Heh sure" I chuckled softly as I took a seat next to him "some ramen sounds good though"

"Excellent my dear mortal" he handed me a bowl. We ate in silence until... "I must confess I have..ulterior motives for inviting you out for lunch"

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow.

He nodded "I have a confession that I can only confess to you"

"I'm listening" I turned to him.

He took a deep breath "the truth is before the dark queens heinous action I... planned to kill someone"

"Seriously!" I gasped.

He nodded "I had it all planned out. I had finished the final dead room so I could get my hands on the perfect weapon. I even chose a victim but before I could carry out my plan the dark queen-" he gripped his knees, a look of visible distress on his face "it's all my fault. If I had been faster than I could have taken her place"

"Are you serious?" I shook my head in disbelief "gundam you can't blame yourself for Sonia's choices. It's ridiculous to even hold yourself responsible in the slightest-oh" I let out a shaky laugh.

"Is something amusing? because I fail to see the funny side" gundam narrowed his eyes.

"Sorry I'm just realising how stupid I've been" I chuckled to myself "I've been blaming myself too. Thanks for showing me what an idiot I've been"

"I don't believe I've done much but your welcome" gundam smiled slightly.

"Hey boys" we looked up to see the others approaching us "mind if we join?"

"Sure it's a free country" I shrugged. We sat in a circle eating ramen. All minus fuyuhiko. He's been acting kinda funny since the funhouse. I wonder what's up with him-

"Hey guys!"