finding information

Kazuichis pov

I shook my head in disbelief. How? Why did this happen? I knew everyone was pissed at him but to burn him alive? This is crazy!

"I barely recognise him" mahiru covered her mouth in shock.

Chaiki's eyes were dark as she turned to us with determined eyes "we should get started on the investigation"

"May the gods protect us" gundam muttered as he walked towards the body. I took a deep breath before joining him.

Gundam studied the body before locking eyes with me "he's covered in burn scars. I saw this in animals after a wildfire. It doesn't take that little time to die from their injuries and since I can find no other cause of death I assume he had some...help speeding up the spread of fire"

"Help? Like gasoline?" I questioned. How'd they manage to get gasoline over him? It's not like he was chained up or anything.

"That is a possibility" he said thoughtfully "though looking around may prove useful"

"I hear ya" I stood up with a sigh "hey akane have you found anything"

"Nothing much. Just some random lighter I found near the door" she shrugged.

"Wha- That's super important!" I snatched it out of her hand. This girl!

"Hey kaz you may want to see this" mahiru called me over. I looked down at what she was staring at and gasped. It was a bunch of burnt monokuma cut-outs leading to the body.

"I'm getting a bad feeling about this" I muttered.

"Kazuichi would you please come with me" chaiki pulled on my sleeve.

"Uhh sure" I raised an eyebrow. What could she need me for?

She led me outside and took me to fuyuhikos cottage "we may have some luck finding clues if we search his cottage"

"Good idea" I nodded before opening the door and heading inside. The place was littered with weapons and scralled messages. There were even dart boards with our pictures on it!

"Hmm" chaiki approached her dart board thoughtfully "that's a nice picture"

"Maybe let's focus on finding clues" I chuckled nervously before spotting a book on the shelf. I picked it up and flipped through the pages.

"What have you got there?" Chaiki peaked over my shoulder.

"It's..us!" I muttered in disbelief "it's got our names, talents and- hey this one is different" I turned to the page which was mostly blank besides from their ultimate talent listed ultimate imposter "what kind of bio is this?"

"The only one missing is byakuya" chaiki pointed out "maybe he wasn't who he said he was"

"Jeez you think you know a guy" I scratched my head "still if he had all this information on us that could be a motive for murder. Which means the blackened and traitor are one in the same"

Chaiki's eyes widened at my statement but could it be true? Could a traitor really be among us?