The Investigation

Kazuichis pov

I strolled down the hallway with an anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach. I know I promised hajime I'd find his killer but I don't even know where to start. I'm not a frigging detective I build things for a living! I'm just failing everyone like I always do.

"Hello kazuichi"

"Ahh!" I yelped and spun around "jeez nagito you nearly gave me a frigging heart attack!"

"Ah my apologies" he gave an embarrassed smile "I was just hoping I could accompany you to investigate hajimes murder. Two heads are better then one after all"

"Oh yeah, you guys were close weren't you" I gave him a pitying look. Get it together kazuichi! You're not the only one who's suffering "yeah that would be a big help nagito"

"Ah I'm so happy to be of service" he flashed me a creepy smile. I shifted uncomfortably. Something about nagito really creeps me out but maybe I'm just being paranoid. He seems nice enough.

"We should look in here first to see if there's any tampering done. Oh but I don't mean to take over from you. Trash like me should know his place"

"It's fine" I gave him a reassuring smile. Man and I thought I had an inferiority complex! "Let's check for tampering"

We searched around to find the electrical was too high to tamper with but we did find three irons and a fan on. What could that have to do with the blackout.

"Oof" I looked up to see I'd bumped into byakuyas large frame "sorry dude I-"

"I don't know anything Mr souda so quit harassing me" he stormed off leaving me stunned.

"That was weird right?" I turned to nagito "I mean he was acting all jittery and he even used my surname!"

"Perhaps he's hiding something" nagito mused.

"Yeah maybe" I muttered. Looks like we got our first suspect.

*Time skip*

"I finished my autopsy and deduced he was s-stabbed with a k-kichen knife"

"I don't know if I'm much use but I did take some pictures before the blackout, you wanna look?"

"Ibuki heard many voices during the blackout. Let ibuki tell you each one"

"Hey hay the knife is glowing. I wonder if there's a reason for that"

I gathered clue after clue but it all felt foreign to me. Can I really solve this mystery? I guess we'll find out.