Scenario 73

Joe, a comedian, is in his dressing room with his son, Keith, before he goes on stage to tell jokes. His young wife and Keith's stepmom, Claire, leaves the room to check on things. Keith asks Joe, "Dad, how did you and Claire get together? I mean, how did you find out you were compatible? She's so different from the other women you've been with, even mom. She's caring, responsible, loving, dedicated, smart and beautiful. The women you used to date were either too horny, lazy, dumb, gold-digging or manipulative!" Joe replies, "That's why I love her and I knew she was the one for me. She's down to earth, loyal, sensitive and she loves me for who I am and I love her for who she is." The way we met was quite coincidental, but you have to keep it a secret. I was performing at the Tropicana in Atlantic City, and I went back to my dressing room after the show. I needed to use the bathroom, and you won't believe what I saw. There was Claire, sitting on the toilet (Keith laughs). I am serious, son; she was sitting her butt on the toilet in my dressing room with her panties down wearing a pretty dress. At first, I thought she was some crazed fan or groupie hanging around backstage. She claimed to be a relative of one of the stage managers and asked to use the bathroom. I doubted her and made rude comments to her. She was really upset and offended, because I wouldn't close the door and let her finish up. She kept asking me and pleading with me to close the door.  I finally closed the bathroom door, after I suggested after she was done, that we go to my hotel room to screw. Later, she furiously exits the bathroom telling me she was not some groupie who would settle for a cheap thrill. She also said she felt insulted and hurt by my rude behavior while she was using the toilet. She was on the verge of tears as she scolded me. I felt a sudden attraction to her, apologized and asked her to forgive me.  Later, I took her to this restaurant for some cake and coffee to make amends for my rudeness. We began dating, got married and now, Claire has made me a happy man and I'm glad to have her in my life." Keith says, "Me too, dad, me too." A stage employee knocks on the door and tells Joe it's time. Joe gets up and leaves, and Keith says to his father, "Break a leg, dad!" Joe replies, "I'll break your leg if you tell anyone what I just told you." They walk down the hallway to the stage, where Claire is waiting for Joe before he goes on to perform.