𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟖

❤︎︎ 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 ☽☼

Lia groaned softly and leaned her back against the tree, taking deep breaths

Lia groaned softly and leaned her back against the tree, taking deep breaths. Her stomach was still churning, but the urge to vomit had finally subsided. Hers eyes were narrowed and she was still trembling slightly.

Naya was now leaning against the opposite side of the tree. Her expression was still exhausted and her eyes were bloodshot, she was breathing heavily through her mouth.

"That smell is worse than my brother's smelly feet's." Lia groaned, sighed deeply as she wipes her mouth with her shirt. "And believe me, his feet's smell like a skunk."

Naya chuckled slightly at her comment. "I think I'd rather smell your brother's stinky feet instead of that basement again." She laughed softly.

Her lips curled into a sly smirk. "Be careful what you wished for, because who knows, maybe I'll actually bring you Ace so that you can smell them."

"I wouldn't be surprised if you did that." Naya gave Lia a small smirk, looking at her with a playful expression. She wiped her mouth once again and coughed slightly.

"I would do that, but then he'll take the opportunity and make me smell his feet's." Lia chuckled slightly, taking out a bottle of perfume from her bag and spread it all over herself.

"That's probably true." Naya chuckled softly at that, taking in a deep breath through her nose.
"Your brother strikes me as that kind of guy."

The smell of perfume was definitely a welcome change over the stale, moldy scent she had been smelling.

A smile crossed her face, as Lia puts the perfume in her bag. She let out a chuckle, and crossed her arms over her chest. "Tell me about it."

Naya chuckled as well, her expression becoming a bit more relaxed. The smell of the cologne and the fragrance of the perfume were very calming to her senses. It was almost euphoric. "So what are we going to do now? I don't think either of us want to go back down there."

"That's for sure." She scoffed, shaking her head as she rolled her eyes. "Our mission is to kill the two assassins that used or are working for the government."

Naya nodded his head and took in a deep breath. "You're probably right. The others have probably already dealt with one of them, so all we need to do now is to locate the other one and finish the job."

"That sounds easier said than done." Lia groaned, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "Where do you think we should start looking for the other assassin?"

Naya thought about her answer for a few seconds, trying to come up with the best plan. She had a feeling that she knew where the assassin might be located, but she was not entirely sure about the plan she had come up with. But she didn't have much of a choice, so she decided to share her plan with Lia.

"I have an idea of where he might be, but it's risky." Naya explained in a low voice. She hesitated, she didn't want to risk Lia's safety, but she also knew that there was no other choice.

"What is it?" Lia asked eagerly, her eyes growing wider with each sentence Nay spoke. She didn't care about the risk, she just wanted to get the job done and be done with it.

Naya took in a deep breath and slowly exhaled. She knew this plan of her might seem crazy, but Naya had a feeling it just might work.

She looked at Lia with a determined expression on her face. "The assassin might be hiding in the abandoned mine where I nearly got killed. It's a long shot, but we might be able to locate him there."

Lia was quiet for a few seconds, considering his idea. She gave Naya a firm nod to indicate her approval. "Then let's go to the abandoned mine, that seems like a good place to start looking."

"Alright, I guess there's no point in waiting around." Naya said, taking one last deep breath. "Let's go then." The two of them started walking towards the abandoned mine, both of them determined to kill the assassin and end this mission once and for all.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

❥𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝

❥𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝...