𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

♡⃝ ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ◡̈ ☽⋆

The sky turned pink as the sun started setting

The sky turned pink as the sun started setting. From up mast, the horizon looked beautiful from up there. Lia's glad she's up there in time, she loves sunsets, ever since she was just a kid, but now she's to busy to watch the sun go down.

Sabo was nice enough to accompany her to the cliff. Though, he would just stare at her. But she was too busy watching the sun set and how it reflects on the water like a mirror to notice that.

When it was time to leave, she would fall sleep. And with Sabo being so nice, he carried her to the tree house.

She smiled, looking at the sunset while remembering the old times. Lia remembers how Sabo would kiss her cheek and say goodnight to her. Her smile faltered before sighing, she truly does wish that someday he would remember her. Lia took out the bracelet from her pocket.

That bracelet is very important, is as important as the straw hat is to Luffy. After Sabo's presumed death, the bracelet was the only thing that kept her mental health stable. At first, she didn't wanna eat for weeks, Ace and Luffy had to force her to. She was never good dealing with grief, even with Liz. Yes, she was mad at her for dating Agnes, but she still cared for her. Lia didn't realized that until Agnes killed Liz for cheating on her.

When Lia saw her dead body, the pain was unbearable. She lost herself, her refuge was drugs. She would get high everyday, that was the only way she could escape reality 'cause boy, reality is such a bitch sometimes. She even attempted suicide two times, the first time, Shun stoped her, second time, Naya did. They were the ones that helped her get out of that dark place. That's how bad she handles grief, not in a healthy way.

After Sabo and her confess their feelings, their bond grew and when Sabo was presumed dead, she wished she would've died instead.

~Flashback; Ten Years Ago~

Sabo nervously dragged Lia to the cliff. He wanted to give something that reminded her of him.

"You're probably wondering why we're here." He said, giving her a warm smile.

"Yeah..." Lia looked down and bite her bottom lip nervously. Yes, she's nervous, but she's also confuse by this.

"I need to tell you something important." he said. Her heart started pounding when Sabo holds her hands. He took a deep breath, " want you to know that I care about you, but you should know that I don't like you like a sister or a friend." His face flushed red, "I-I like you, Lia..."

Lia frowned, "Sabo..." her heart broke when she saw tears rolling down his cheeks. Sabo was about to look away when she wipes his tears away and hugged him. She pulled away and cups his cheeks, "I like you too, it's just that I'm too young. If I was the same age as you then I'll accept to be your girlfriend."

He smiled at that, kind of confuse as to how she knew he was going to ask her that. Even so, he's happy that she feels the same way. Sabo grabbed something from his pocket, it was two bracelets. A pink one and a black one. "Good, because I want to make a promise with you." he began, "When you get older, set sail and look for me. Once we see each other again... let's be together."

"I promise.." She replied. His eyes sparkled as he kissed her cheek. She looked down, hiding her reddened cheeks. Sabo puts the pink bracelet on her wrist and the black one on his.

"These bracelets are the symbol of our promise."

Both their eyes sparkles, and since the sunset is out, their eyes shined bright, especally Lia's. He loves her eyes, it's the same color as the sea, very pretty.

"Boo!"

they both screamed before slapping Luffy and Ace. The two boys just let out a laugh, finding their reactions funny.

"Sabo, you're blushing!" Luffy teased the blond boy.

"Yeah! And so is Lia!" Ace pointed out, making the poor girl pout.

Lia approached him and peck his cheek.
She smirked, noticing the blush on his cheek. "Now who's the one blushing!" They all laughed at him.

"Shut up!"

"C'mon! Let's get a deer for dinner." Sabo said.

"Yeah!" Luffy immediately agreed, running ahead of them. "I love venison! Let's go hunting!"

"Luffy, wait up!"

It was dark out when the came home. Sabo toss
the deer on Dadan's face. "That's for dinner."

"Cook it now." - Ace

"It's mealtime!" Luffy cheered.

"Lia, help me!" Dadan ordered.

Lia shrugged, "I have nothing better to do anyway."

She helped Dadan with dinner as Ace and Luffy hurried them. Lia clenched her hand in annoyance, ready to beat the shit out of them. The three boys noticed this and started sweating bullets. They shut up, letting the two females finished continued dinner.

A large plate of deer meat was place on the floor. The three boys beamed and pushed of bandits away while devouring the deer meat.

Sabo quickly grabbed two meat ran to Lia before Luffy took it away. "Here."

She smiled, "Thanks, Sabo."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

❥𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝

❥𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝...