𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒

❤︎︎ 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 ☽☼

Lia climbed down the rope ladder from the ship snd got down to the ground

Lia climbed down the rope ladder from the ship snd got down to the ground. She looked up, seeing how Shigeko and Naya are pushing each other to go first down the ladder.

"Just jump down." Serina told the two girls that are arguing. "Why make it complicated? The quicker you two stop fighting, the faster we finish the mission."

"What's the rush?" Lia glanced at her, her brows furrowing. She crossed her arms, shifting her weight onto her right leg.

Serina scoffed, clicking her tongue in annoyance as she looked around the woods. "Before this mission, I have just finished one and I'm really tired." She rolled her eyes, glancing at the two girls that came down. "You're lucky you had a break and stayed with your brother."

Lia's lips tugged into a smile, her eyes softening as she looks at Serina. "I needed it though. After Kenji went to that mission that took almost a month, and I had to take care of his paperwork."

"Oh, yeah!" Shigeko chimed in into the conversation, she walked towards them with Naya following behind. "You were always in your room working day and night with barely any breaks."

"Tell me about it." Lia scratched the bridge of her nose before sighing. "But yeah..." She place her hands on her hips, her hair swaying with the wind. "Let's get going then."

The second they entered the woods, they felt a cold chill ran down their spine. Naya let out a shaky breath before opening her mouth to speak up. "Something strange is happening over here..."

"Yeah, apart from the killings." She began to say, pressing her lips together. "There's something going on there, something that the government wants to hide from everyone."

Emery sighs as she shook her head in disbelief. "Yes." She said, sweat running down her forehead. "A few months ago, I came here for a mission. I took notice that something strange was causing the wild animals to go insane, and the government is trying to cover it up."

"What if they're giving the animals drugs or something..." She pressed her lips together and crossed her arms over her chest. "Maybe that's why the poor animals are acting like that."

"That is also a possibility." Shigeko chimed in, looking ahead. "Some sort of biological drug that drives the animals wild and aggressive, the husband may have stumbled into it. I hope he's still alive, poor guy..."

Naya sighed, adjusting the position of her sniper rifle on her shoulder. "We will find out soon. We're about to enter the woods."

As they went deeper into the woods, the chills got colder. Naya freezes, scanning the woods with her observation haki. Something felt off. She turned to face Lia and pushed her behind her, Naya knows she can protect herself, but Lia is pregnant. "Stay behind me."

They began to walk through the ominous woods, listening to the eerie noises and looking around constantly. The shadows looked darker, the trees were twisted and some trees had strange symbols carved in them.

The temperature dropped significantly, they could see their own breath. The wind was very strong, but there was no sound other than their footsteps. All of a sudden, an extremely loud roar was heard, breaking the silence.

Serina quickly swung her arm in Lia's direction and pulled her close to her body to protect her. Her face was filled with intense concentration, and his breathing was quick and shallow. In the distance, a strange black figure was visible.

The figure was humanoid but with an animal-like tail covering its lower half. The shadow of a horn was visible on its head. Its roar echoed through the woods, the trees were rocking back and forth, and the wind was getting stronger. All the birds had gone silent, and no insects were making any noise.

"What the fuck is that?" She whispered, pointing a finger at the shadow. "Is it some kind of werewolf?" The creature roared again, this time directly facing their direction.

The roar was extremely loud, and the trees were rocking back and forth, nearly falling over. "No, it's not a werewolf." Naya said, in a low, shaky, voice. "It's worse."

The creatures eyes glowed a bright yellow and it began to move towards them. The movement was fast and erratic. Naya took a deep breath, her finger was on the trigger, ready to shoot.

Naya kept her eyes locked on the creature, but then she noticed something. The creature was looking directly at Lia and did not even look at them.

The beast growled and lunged, its tail slamming against the trees trying to knock them down. Naya quickly shot at the creature, but it managed to dodge the bullet and was still sprinting straight at her.

Naya moved directly in front of Lia, protecting her as the creature was about to pounce on her. She quickly kicked the creatures's belly, sending it back a few meters.

It got back up on its four legs, roaring, and preparing to attack again. Naya quickly shot a second bullet, but the creature quickly leaped up and dodged it once again.

She raised the gun, ready to shoot again, but
the creature was too fast. It quickly ran towards
her, knocked the gun out of her hands, and sent Naya flying to the side.

The beast prepared to pounce on her, and she quickly rolled to the side, dodging the attack. The creature then stood up and roared, this time facing Lia . Its eyes locked on Lia's, and the creature's mouth began to foam.

The creature then pounced in her direction, its mouth wide open, ready to swallow Lia whole. She could feel the creature's hot breath on her face, the creature was preparing to tear Lia apart.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

❥𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝

❥𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝...