[55]

[10:30pm]
{Sam's POV}

I set the bags of snacks on the counter and around the counter floor as I hear Cole start the shower. I start grabbing food from the bags and putting them in the fridge and cabinets along side the fridge. It doesn't even look like a cop car anymore(which is probably the point). And he did that in 9 hours? That's not that bad. But he did use my tools, probably gonna have to clean them before I use them for my electrical projects unless I have a death wish. I start softly whistling to myself in boredom as I start putting the food from the bags on the counter in the fridge and such, leaving four full bags still on the floor. After a couple more minutes, I get tired of whistling, considering it makes my mouth dry and I grab my earbuds from my pockets and put one in, connecting it to my phone, playing some Alec Benjamin.

[15 minutes later]

I hear the bathroom door open and movement going towards Colby's room. I glance at the bags on the floor and quickly put some crackers in the cabinets before crouching down and search the bags for the dog-tag necklace and the pocket knife I bought him when I went to a weapon store with Aryia to buy my own one. I pull them out and stuff them in my back pockets and make sure Cole can't seem them. I soon hear footsteps walking towards the kitchen and living room. I glance over at Cole before pulling out my candy and setting them on the counter.
"Cover your eyes and hold out your hand." I state to Cole, without looking at him. I see from the corner of my eye, him looking at me skeptical,
"Why?" Nosy f*cker. I subconsciously chew on my lip before smiling.
"Just trust me." I turn towards Cole and see him hesitate before doing so. I walk up to him and cover his eyes with my own hand before pulling the pocket knife and dog tag necklace. As soon as I take my hand off his eyes, he opens them and looks at me confused. He's cute when he's confused. I really hope he likes it. I chuckle,
"They're for you, dumb dumb." I state again before turning around and pulling out more stuff from the bag my candy was in and finding his candy as well.
     "Thank you," I hear Cole say quietly. I just nod and pull out his candy. Probably should apologize in advance just incase I got his candy wrong. I take a deep breath and softly gulp before throwing Cole his candy.
"I don't know if thats your favorite candy or not, I just grabbed whatever so I apologize if it isn't something you like." I say somehow steadily despite the small pit in my stomach. I hope I didn't do anything wrong. Please god tell me I didn't f*ck anything up.
     "You got it right." Cole states with no emotion.
     "Good." Almost done..... why the f*ck is it so quiet in here? I glance over at Cole and see him just standing there, zoning out.
     "You okay?" I ask, stopping what I'm doing and waiting for an answer. Does he not like the necklace or the knife? Or both? God I hate it when I can't tell what he's thinking.
     "Do you want me to take the necklace and knife or-"
       "I'm fine darling, I like them, I'm just surprised you got me gifts even though I've been nothing but an ass to you?" Cole cuts me off, the confusion leaving his face a bit but coming back at the last bit. I sigh a bit in relief
"Being an ass means nothing. You'll warm up to me eventually." I say jokily as I take a bunch of food and boxes out of one bag. Cole cracks a smile,
"I don't know, you seem kinda annoying, I might not." I hear the joking tone in his voice so I fire back and start acting offended,
"How dare you! I'm not the one who walked into the shower with me fully dressed like you own the place!" Cole just chuckles,
"Well, Colby thought you died so I thought I'd check, and I do own the place." Excuse me? I tilt my head a bit to the right and look at hime sassily.
"Oh please, you own the place? Who found it again? Who has the master bedroom?" I chuckle and shake my head as Cole smirks at me,
"Oh really? Who's the one that railed you in that bedroom?" I hold back a small choke. I-... He did not just go there- that cocky f*ck- I go silent for a minute,
"That still doesn't make you the owner of the place. I buy the food, I go and get us money, I got us everything we need so shut the f*ck up." I glance at Cole and he's looking at me dead in my eyes with the cockiest smirk ever.
"Now darling, you don't have to make money, I'm loaded, not to mention I'm the one who redid everything in here and why you have such a comfy ass bed." I glare at Cole for a second before softly gulping.
"I'm loaded too. And I'm the reason you have food and aren't bored around here. No matter what you say, I'm the one who wears the pants in this relationship. You're just the cocky girlfriend." I state almost deadpanned. Cole gives me an 'oh really?' kind of look as I lean my hips against the counter.
"Cocky girlfriend? Oh Sam, you're the one on my cock. I wear the pants here, plus, I can leave the house without cops realizing its me." Can he stop bringing that up? We were f*cking drunk for f*cks sake.
"I'm the responsible one, not you. I can leave the house without cops even chasing me, bitch! And you're the one obsessed with me and my ass so shut the f*ck up." I say suddenly with unintentional defensiveness. F*ck- okay Sam, calm down. You're saying shit you'll cringe at later and regret. Cole slowly deadpans, f*ck okay. You really love testing your luck Sam.
"Sam, you realize I was f*cking with you right? We were playing around. Chill." Cole states with a bunch of attitude filling his voice. I slowly grin, he's just give me any opportunity in the book right now to mess with him.
"And that's why you're the cocky girlfriend with an attitude." Cole suddenly relaxes and playfully rolls his eyes.
"Shut up, no I'm not." I chuckle in response,
"Yes you are. You just gave me the biggest attitude ever. Proof you're the girlfriend AND the baby of the relationship." Cole walks up to me and looks me in my eyes as he grabs my waist. Handsy much?
"You were defensive for no reason and it annoyed me so f*ck off."
"It's a reflex honey. You get riled up easily." I softly huff, realizing my body is still pretty sore and swollen from working out and my hair is in my face.
"No shit, you know that. I f*cking shoved you because you pissed me off over something stupid. But you probably could use that to your advantage so I don't know why you're complaining." My face goes deadpanned for a second before I realize he's undressing me with his eyes. Pfft, of course.
"If you keep undressing me with your eyes, I'm gonna catch a cold." I say playfully with a smirk. Cole chuckles,
"I could keep you warm." I smirk even more and wrap my fingers around the rim of his pants, pulling him in closer.
"You're just throwing yourself under the bus even more. You're totally obsessed with me."
"Me? Obsessed? No. Colby? Absolutely." Cole looks at me dead in my eyes with lust filling his silver eyes. I hesitate for a minute but before I could stop myself, it slips out,
"Okay then, you're obsessed with my body." I start subconsciously brushing my finger tips just about Cole's navel, teasing him just like what I'm doing with my words.
"Nope, I do want that ass though. I only got to watch last time." I slightly feel Cole's boner as I move my fingers across the top of his navel.
"That's basically the equivalent of loving my body so stop denying it." I just barely brush my mid thigh against his boner. Cole narrows his eyes a little in response,
"Really? I know what you're doing. You might wanna stop before I show you how obsessed with you I am." I shrug with a kind of sarcastic and snarky look on my face.
"Wow, you actually have the balls to admit it. That's wild." I drag out that last part sarcastically and remove my fingers away from his pants and finish putting away one last thing from one of the bags. Cole shrugs,
"There's no point in lying, people always find out the truth." As you were literally lying 5 seconds ago. I start thinking about my Colby and all the shit I found out about him while running away. My face hardens for a minute, hiding the sadness filling inside me. Stop thinking about that. Not the right time.
"That is true. Now I'mma head to bed, I don't know about you but I'm tired as f*ck." As I walk past Cole, I softly pat his shoulder and head into my room.
"Am I allowed to come or are you gonna look at me weird like yesterday?" I chuckle at Cole's words.
"That was different. I was butt ass naked that time. I'm not gonna be this time, so yes, you can come. I don't know why you would though." Cole shrugs once again,
"Because I feel like it."
"You're not Colby so, kinda weird you wanna." I get to my room and head for my closet, leaving the door open as I grab a gray pair of sweatpants with black zippers pockets and some black socks.
"I know I'm not but he's telling me I should and I don't feel like dealing with him so." I look outside the closet and see Cole collapse on the bed and stare at the ceiling. I laugh a bit after changing and head into my bathroom, grabbing my tooth brush and everything.
"Sounds like you two don't get along." Cole scoffs in response,
"Get along? With that pussy? God no. I hate his guts, even though we're the same person." I start brushing my teeth and shrug,
"He's not that bad in my opinion. And you get along with me or am I mistaken with that too?" I ask muffledly from my mouth being filled with toothpaste.
"I do get along with you, when I'm not pissed. Definitely not him. I hate him." That's some self hatred right there. I hold back a chuckle as I spit out the toothpaste before looking up at the mirror. Griffin honestly didn't do half bad with my hair. I mess with my hair, trying to get used to how short the sides are and how the front of my hair isn't as long as it used to me. Still pretty long, its a little past my brow but its not as long as it was before my haircut. I actually look neater now and more presentable so that's a plus. And I probably shouldn't have said all that "you're obsessed with me" bullshit. That literally doesn't sound like me at all. I sounded like my Colby or some 'Fifty Shades of Grey' bullshit. I hate having f*cking schizophrenia, f*cks with my personality and thoughts too much I hate it. I take a deep breath before heading into the bedroom and sitting on side of the bed. Wait, where's my phone? I look around before realizing I left in on the kitchen counter. I huff and get up, heading into the kitchen.
"I thought it would be easier to get along with him, not me." I slightly yell throughout the bunker, my voice echoing a bit as I grab my phone and see the original 'Dracula' book I bought while shopping.
"Well I would like him more if he wasn't naïve, if he wasn't- nevermind, he knows what I was gonna say." I grab the book and head into the bedroom, peaking my head through the doorway, looking at Cole.
"Wasn't what?" I furrow my brows a bit and tilt my head slightly as well in curiosity.
"Nothing, don't worry about it. He said you'll get mad at me if I keep shit talking him."
"I don't really know much about him so." I walk in with my phone resting on top of the book, messing with shit on my phone.
"See, you say that and I could tell you all the worst shit about him, just to ruin his life." I sit on the side of the bed and set the book down on the floor next to my bed while I'm still playing on my phone.
"Let's not do that or I'll feel bad and do the same about myself." I take out my earphones and put them in their case, setting it on my nightstand before grabbing my phone charger and plugging my phone in while I clear all my notifications.
"Not planning on it, you'll find out eventually so I'm not gonna say anything." I feel a slight pit in my stomach form and I just chuckle nervously and shake my head.
"I really don't like the sound of that." I chuckle a bit as I set my phone on my nightstand and subconsciously kiss Cole before laying down and pulling the covers over me. Cole kisses back and pulls me in closer like it's a routine. I smile softly and cuddle into him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders, instantly feeling warm and I subconsciously place a soft kiss on his chest and left shoulder. Cole smiles and cuddles me as well, closing his eyes. I stuff my face into the crook of his neck and instantly get hit by the scent of his cologne, feeling a familiar tug at my chest, the feeling of yearning, almost. I never quite knew the name of the scent, all I remember is thinking that it smelt like a forest. One you would walk into after it rained and the comforting smell of dew was the most relaxing thing there besides all the trees and quietness. As I lay there comfortably, zoning out. I glance down and notice Cole wearing the necklace I gave him. Probably has the knife in his pocket or something. I zone out on the necklace, tracing the carvings with my eyes before actually reading the print. And that one date. I smile softly for a second and I start slowly remembering that night as if it was yesterday.