[38]

[The Next Day]
{Sam's POV}

I walk down the city streets, watching as cars drive by. I've been walking for hours. I started walking early in the morning at about 9 or 10 but now its 6 at night. I even past the Panics' house.
     I sigh and turn a corner, leading to Aryia's house. Aryia wouldn't mind me coming over unannounced, would he? I keep walking and grab my earphones I have stuffed in my jean pocket. I plug them into my phone and start listening until I get to Aryia's house.

[Later]

     I finally make it to Aryia's house and I see a familiar car parked in the driveway next to Aryia's. Griffin. I sigh and jump Aryia's fence to the backyard and go through the back door to get into his house. I carefully and slowly take off my ear phones and put them away before walking slowly around the kitchen, peeking my head around the corner into the living room. I then suddenly hear a gun clock.
     My breath hitches as I raise my arms up and lean back into my left foot, making me not peek around the corner anymore. I take a deep breathe,
     "Who are you and why are you here?" I here griffin say. I grin a bit, I haven't seen this dumbass in forever. I choose not to speak, but to turn around and face griffin. I watch as Griffin's face shifts and he lowers his gun.
     "Long time no see Griff. Where's aryia?" I ask casually with a large, snarky grin on my face. Griffin smiles back,
     "Aryia's getting food. He choose to walk instead of driving since the grocery store isn't that far from here." I relax my grin to a smile and lower my arms.
     "Nice to see you again Sam." Griffin puts his gun in his pocket and walks up to me, giving me a hug. I hug him back and smile more.
     "Why aren't you with Jake?" I ask, pulling away but keeping my hands on his arms. Griffin sighs,
     "He's been busy helping out, there one man less now after you left. It's a mess there. Nate recently beat up Colby-"
     "What?!" I cut griffin off in shock. Why the f*ck would Nate do that?!
     "Yeah- um, Nate says he was just mad that Seth and everyone else let Colby and Mike go through yours, Nate's, and Seth's little motorcycle rigging room but, I think it's much more then that.." I remove my hands from Griffin's shoulders.
     "Yeah... Nate-...Nate never lashes out like that. Ever. He's just...not like that. He has more self control then half of the people I know." I step away from Griffin and walk over to the counter, leaning on it and place my hands next to my torso on the counter.
     "I know. That's why I don't believe him.." Griffin pauses there, I could tell he wanted to say more.
     "And why you need to come home." Griffin blurts out. I sigh in frustration,
     "Griffin, I can't-"
     "Why not? Everyone needs you Sam!"
      "And? That's all I'm wanted for there! All they want from me is my skills and talents, I'm not even a person to them!!"
     "That's not true and you know this! Nate cares about you, Seth cares about you, Aryia cares about you, I care about you, Colby cares about you-"
     "IF HE DID, HE WOULDN'T HAVE SHOT ME! IF HE DID THEN HE WOULD HAVE CARE ABOUT WHAT I WANTED! HE WOULD'VE GOTTEN ME OUT OF THE ASYLUM, NOT SOMEONE ELSE!! AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED WITH MIKE!! HE WANTS ME DEAD!! AND FOR ALL I KNOW, COLBY ONLY DATED ME BECAUSE HE WANTS ME VULNERABLE SO HE CAN KILL ME!! EVERYONE WANTS ME DEAD GRIFFIN!!" Griffin stares at me blankly and completely speechless. I huff and head to the front door, just as Aryia opens the door. Me and Aryia look at each, Aryia looks confused, but I just glare and him then walk out and head back to the bunker.

[At the Bunker]

It had started to rain half way to the bunker so, I'm drenched. I huff once I place my foot on the solid floor and take a deep breath. I hate it when people get to me. I honestly regret not grabbing a jacket before I left. I look around and suddenly feel weird, why does everything look so clean? Did Colby clean the place? I peek around and notice theres a new couch, the graffiti is mostly gone, and..money on the counter. I walk over to the counter and grab the money. This has to be about $10,657, all in cash!! I laugh a bit and look around for Colby but of course I didn't see him. I grab the money and head to my room. I stop in the doorway once I see I have a new mattress. Damn, he went all out. I go towards my drawer and pull out my wallet, stuffing all the money Colby left in there. I then stuff my wallet back into my drawer and flop on the bed, letting out a exaggerated sigh. I shouldn't have yelled at Griffin like that. But he knows I can't come home. I just can't. I do nothing but complete tasks for them and do all the work. I'm not a slave. I'm not some piece of furniture they can move around at any point in time. Not only that but I can't leave Colby. He needs someone with him and I don't think he wants to go home either. That means I have to take care of him. I have to protect him. I have to be the one to help him when he's in danger. I have to calm him down when he's on the verge of murdering someone. We both can't risk going to prison. Especially him. He's made much more enemies then me. But still, I feel bad for lashing out like that. I mentally sigh, I'll apologize when I see Griff again. I close my eyes and everything goes black.