10. My teacher

I had been waiting for my new magic teacher to arrive, but I hadn't expected him to appear in such a mysterious manner. Suddenly, a figure emerged from the shadows. My heart skipped a beat as I saw that it was my teacher, but something was different about him. He had blue hair and orange eyes, and his smile seemed almost mischievous. I felt a shiver run down my spine as I looked into those eyes. They seemed almost familiar, but I couldn't quite place why.

"Hi, Ember. We're gonna teach you magic!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement.

I was taken aback by his enthusiasm, but I tried to play it cool. "Uh, hi. Who's 'we'?"

"Oh, right. Sorry about that. I'm Oscar, and this is my friend Olive. We're both magic teachers."

I nodded, still feeling a bit confused. "Okay, so you're both magic teachers. That's interesting. But what do you mean by 'we're gonna teach you magic'? Are you saying you're going to teach me personally?"

Oscar nodded eagerly. "Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. We're going to teach you everything we know. And not just magic, either. We'll also teach you martial arts."

I raised an eyebrow. "Martial arts? Really? I didn't sign up for that."

Olive spoke up, his voice gruff. "Yeah, well, you should have. It's important to know how to defend yourself, especially when you're dealing with magic."

I sighed. "Fine, whatever. So, when do we start?"

Oscar grinned. "We'll start tomorrow. But first, we need to get some things straight. Like, what kind of magic do you want to learn?"

I thought about it for a moment. "Well, I guess I'm interested in elemental magic. You know, fire, water, earth, air. That sort of thing."

Olive snorted. "Elemental magic? That's cute. But let me tell you, kid, that's not the only kind of magic out there. There's all sorts of stuff, like illusions, transmutations, even necromancy."

I blanched at the mention of necromancy. "Necromancy? That sounds creepy. I don't think I want to learn that."

Oscar chuckled. "Don't worry, we won't force you to learn anything you don't want to. But trust us, necromancy can be useful. Especially when you're dealing with certain kinds of enemies."

I shivered at the thought. "Enemies? What kind of enemies?"

Olive spoke up again, his voice low and serious. "The kind that you wouldn't believe. The kind that would stop at nothing to get what they want."

I swallowed hard, feeling a bit nervous. "Okay, I think I understand. So, what do we do now?"

Oscar clapped his hands together. "Now, we get started! Tomorrow morning we will come to your mansion We'll begin your training then."

I nodded, still feeling a bit apprehensive. "Okay, got it. Thanks, guys." As I walked back to my room, I couldn't help but wonder who those two guys were. They seemed to be quite skilled in magic, but their behavior was completely unacceptable. As I lay in bed, I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing, willing myself to fall asleep and enter my dream state. It wasn't long before I felt myself drifting off, and soon I found myself standing in a vast, open field. The sky above was a deep shade of purple, and the grass beneath my feet was a vibrant green. I could sense the presence of others around me, but I couldn't see them.

Suddenly, a figure appeared in front of me. It was Ezra, dressed in his usual white robes, his hair slicked back and his eyes shining with an otherworldly intensity.

"Hi Ember," he said, his voice low and gravelly. "I'm sorry for the olive and Oscar thing."

My anger flared up immediately. "You're sorry? You're sorry?! You guys have the nerve to come to my masion and try to teach me magic, and now you're sorry?!"