25. The Quest Begins

As the dark elves lunged at me with anger in their eyes, I knew I had to act fast. I raised my hands, focusing all my energy and magic into a single spell.

"Flame Burst!" I screamed, putting every ounce of power behind the words. Suddenly, the whole area lit up in a fierce, roaring inferno. Flames danced and twirled, engulfing everything within a 20-foot radius. The heat was intense, making the air shimmer and distort.

A massive flame pillar shot up to the sky, reaching heights of over 100 feet. The sound of crackling flames and explosions echoed through the air, causing the ground to shake beneath our feet. The atmosphere became dense with smoke and fog, reducing visibility to almost zero.

The dark elves who had attacked me were immediately incinerated, their bodies reduced to nothing more than piles of ash and bone. Their weapons clattered to the ground, melting in the intense heat. The smell of burning flesh and wood filled the air, making it difficult to breathe.

Oh no, I thought to myself, I've made a terrible mistake! I wasn't supposed to kill them, I needed to heal them before they died! And now, it seems like it's too late. The only way to save them now is by using my Emperor Level Magic, the strongest magic in the land.

Without hesitation, I shouted out the words of the Resurrection Spell, hoping against hope that it would work. "Resurrection!" I cried out, pouring all of my magical energy into the spell.

At first, nothing happened. The bodies of the dark elves remained motionless on the ground, their lifeless forms not indicating that anything had changed. But then, a faint glow began to emanate from their bodies, growing brighter and brighter with each passing second.

The glow enveloped their forms, bathing them in a warm, golden light. Slowly but surely, their wounds began to close, their bodies repairing themselves as if by magic. The dark elves stirred, groggily opening their eyes as they returned to the land of the living.

I breathed a huge sigh of relief as I watched the resurrection unfold before my eyes. Thank goodness I had managed to cast the spell in time! I couldn't imagine what would have happened if I hadn't been able to revive them.

The dark elves slowly regained their footing, looking around in confusion as they tried to make sense of what had happened. They glanced down at their bodies, marveling at the lack of injuries that had previously ravaged their forms.

The commander of the elves, Sin, approached me and bowed down, his movements fluid and graceful. "We made a deal, if you beat us, we will have peace in our lands," he said, his voice filled with conviction. "My name is Sin, and you are the greatest person I have ever seen!"

I was taken aback by his sudden show of respect and humility, especially since he had been trying to kill me just moments before. "Oh no, no, no, get up," I said, gesturing for him to rise.

Sin stood up, his expression still one of deference. "If that's what you want, master," he said, his voice laced with a hint of uncertainty.

I couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy at his sudden behavior change. Just a short while ago, he had been hell-bent on destroying me, and now he was addressing me as his master. It seemed suspicious, to say the least.

"Uh, yeah, sure," I said, trying to play along. "So, um, what happens next?"

Sin's expression turned somber, and he looked down at his feet. "Well, master, we don't have a leader anymore," he admitted, his voice tinged with regret. "Our previous leader was killed by humans in a battle,"  he said I don't think this is good we are humans but I hope we stay in peace or things could go wrong!

I furrowed my brow, trying to process this information. It seemed that the elves were in a state of disarray, with no clear direction or leadership. Sin might have been acting out of desperation"I see," I said, trying to keep my tone neutral. "Well, I suppose we can work together to find a solution. Maybe we can help each other out."