Council Call

When I awoke, I could tell something was off with the day. The first was the downpour that was pestering the windows of my bedroom. Gladius and Maple were actually already up (probably because of the noise), looking out at the outside world in a forlorn way. It was understandable for their reaction. Aside from those little bouts while we were at Dun Broch and Townsville, the weather over the course of our whole adventure was fairly sunny.

"Rainstorms usually last a while..." Gladius mumbled, tilting slightly so he could glance at me. "So we might me locked inside for a while."

"Luckily we have a whole room for a situation just like this", I said happily, jumping off my bed and heading towards to get my clothes picked out. "Seriously, that one place is starting to become my favourite place in all of existence."

The sword laughed as I headed into my bathroom. "Right you are, my boy. Katania really outdid herself with that 'Welcome Home' gift, huh?"

I snorted as I stepped into the shower. "Yeah, she really did. We barely knew each other for more than a few days, and we already feel like siblings."

"That is wonderful."

I smiled as I washed my body down, then dried off and changed into some comfy clothes. Not pj's, surprisingly, but rather joggers, a long-sleeve shirt and sweater. I picked out some longer socks, and already felt warmer than I was before.

"You look cosy", the sword pointed out with a chuckle.

"Yeah, I like dressing up like this during rainy weather", I spat back with a smirk. "What's it to ya'?" I walked past the chuckling sword and made my way to the door that went directly to the Rec Room. I paused and stretched my arm out so Maple could jump on and perch himself on my shoulder.

With my companions by my side, I headed into the room next door. The rain crashed on the massive windows, which gave the room a somewhat sombre feeling. But also this warmth and cosiness. I walked over and clicked on some of the lights so there was this low light that was welcoming and safe just the others all began to file in, looking groggy and tired.

The Doctor seemed especially off, as he blinked his sonic screwdriver in the air which summoned the TARDIS next to the couch. Everyone sat down, letting out exhausted sighs.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked.

"Did you not hear all the thunder last night?" Majima groaned. "I could barely sleep a wink last night!"

I shared a look with Gladdy, confusion etched on my face. "Thunder?"

"Please tell me you're joking", Ralph said in disbelief. "It sounded like a bombardment outside!"

I shrugged. "I'm a heavy sleeper. The sound of the rain was relaxing, so I slept through it all."

Everyone gave me a look of complete shock, only for all of them to stop when a low rumble of thunder came from outside.

"I haven't seen a storm like this in a while..." Hilda mumbled as she walked up to one of the windows, then leaning against the windowsill as she peered outside. "Reminds me of Victoria..."

"Definitely isn't the cause of weather spirits", Alfur said from his spot on her beret. Twig agreed by letting out a quiet whine, ears drooping and ducking down a bit when another echo of thunder sounded off.

"Well, looks like we're staying in here for the day", The Doctor said. "Which is preferable. I can't explain why, but something feels... off... about today."

Everyone sounded off mumbles of agreement. Only for us to all jump when lightning violently flashed just beyond the window. Hilda yelped in fright and darted away from the window, so I made quick work picking up the remote that operated the windows and pressed a button. The blinds and curtains closed, making the warm lighting that much safer.