I Wanna Be Famous

This trip through the spiralling tunnel of colours, despite the addition of both Manolo and Maria (who were both riding on Cloudy with Star and Marco), was actually pretty chill. It was fairly quiet amongst all of us. No insults, no playfully banter, just the noise of the portal and the memories flashing in each segment. I breathed a sigh of relief as I could finally get a break-

"Is it just me...", Steve (who was gliding on his own with his Elytra) brought up, snapping me out of my thoughts, "Or does it feel like this is just a bit... too easy..."

"Yeah", Majima, who was riding with Zombossin the cockpit, added. "Normally shit hits the fan pretty quick..."

"We all start tumbling..." Hilda adds, sitting next to Vanellope on Ralph's back.

"And then we crash", Jenny groaned.

I thought about it for a moment, looking around at my friends. "You guys are right, but maybe we're just lucky this time. Our trips through these things don't always have to end in disaster."

I heard mumbles from the others, but Manolo and Maria looked over at me with questioning looks. "What should we worry about, exactly?" The musician asked.

"Well...", Gladius, who was cruising next to me, Jenny and Maple, pondered, "There's a lot, but it mainly is like sailing across the sea. Rough waters, storms, losing your way... just stuff like that."

Maria's face twisted into an unsure look. "A part of me is starting to regret this..."

"It's okay, Maria", I said happily, "We've all made it this far, so there isn't anything to worry about."

"That's right!" Zomboss shouted out proudly, earning an eye roll from Majima. "With me around, there is nothing to worry about..." Zomboss trailed off when one of the lights on his console started beeping. "Wait, I'm picking something up..."

"What is it?" Marco asked.

"It looks like some sort of EMP blast..." The Zombie started pressing different buttons, looking for the cause.

Jenny suddenly shuddered, and I looked down at her in concern. "Are you okay, Jenny?"

"I'm f-fine", she said, her voice glitching a little. She shuddered again, and this actually shut down one of her booster jets.

"Gladius, what is happening?!" Alfur cried.

"Oh lord, I remember!" He screamed. "This is because of a dying star that's escaped a universe! Brace yourselves!"

Just then, a powerful blast came up from behind us, forcing us forward at crazy speeds and into a jumbled ball. I dug my way through the pile and poked my head out, only to see us barreling towards the exit.

"Just once..." I whined. "JUST ONCE!"

~X~

We were spat out of the other end, all of us screaming as we fell, heading straight down. As I tumbled, Gladius quickly made his way next to me and forced himself into my grasp, and I was quick to use my free hand to save Steve and Majima while Maple jumped onto my shoulder. Galacta Knight quickly rescued Manolo, Maria and Zomboss, and Ralph hugged all the others close as he plummeted like a meteorite. We all chased after him as he crashed through the roof of a warehouse, landing on a pile of mattresses. Ralph was quick to recover, letting Vanellope, Hilda, Twig, Alfur, Star, Marco and Jenny all go, and the rest of us all landed and rushed to their aid.

I quickly helped Jenny up, and she let out a shaky sigh. "You okay, Jenny?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm better now", she said, giving me a reassuring smile. I smiled back, and looked over the others. Everyone was in one piece. Although Zomboss seemed distracted.