Hanging Corpses Under The Stars

Trigger Warning for graphic descriptions of dead bodies

~X~

We all stared at the scene in abject horror, as the grizzly imagery painted across the walls. Ruby and Iris fainted, Maria nearly did, and Majima looked like he was going to throw up.

Before us, hanging from the ceiling, were corpses. Corpses with mutilated flesh and snapped bones that hung from the metal bars stabbed through their skulls. All over the walls were dried blood, and shattered bones laid in pieces on the floor. It was like a scene right out of a horror movie.

"Okay, what the fuck", I said bluntly. "This is... I can't..." I finally noticed something in the corner under a layer of dust and dirt. Walking over and lifting it up, my horrible thoughts were made clear.

It was armour that belonged to the Capital's army.

These were the long dead members of the rumoured task force sent here for clear-up.

"So they weren't rumours..." Gladius squeaked out. "Great. Rainbow will be happy to hear about this."

"Is this what's going to happen to us?" Steve asked fearfully as he poked one of the corpses with a sword. That tiny movement made the neck break, a sickening flesh-tearing noise hitting our ears and a thump when the now headless body landed on the ground.

McGee fainted while everyone looked very green.

And it only got worse when an eye rolled out of the now lone head's eye socket and onto the floor.

With that, we all ran out of the room, leaving Ralph, Dry and Baby to slam the door closed and blocking it off with a variety of destroyed furniture. We decided to get as far away as possible, so we headed towards the back of the building where we found an abandoned office meeting room.

This was decided to be our hideout for the time being, so we blocked the doors off and closed the blinds and curtains. With the outside world thoroughly cut off, we all relaxed just the tiniest bit.

"Okay, can we talk about the fact we just saw two, maybe three, mangled corpses!?" Jenny roared in horror.

"We shouldn't, but I'm going to", Flowey said. "And I have to say that even that is too far for me."

"Those things ripped them apart like nothing!" Rory hissed, Amy leaning against him as she was silent and in catatonic shock. "Through everything we've seen with The Doctor, this is by far the worst we've seen."

"I had my eye fucking gouged out", Majima said in a lifeless tone. "Those poor bastards probably suffered far more than me."

"We have to get to the Hub", Maria said, carefully peeking out of a window. "We're running out of time, and since none of us want to die, we need a plan. Now."

"But what the heck are we supposed to do?" Star asked. "We're outnumbered, out gunned, out matched... do we just run and hope for the best?"

"That's a horrible idea, Butterfly", Galacta chided. "What we need is a distraction. Something to set our pursuers off so we can slip by just enough so they can't catch us."

"But then how do we do that?" Ruby asked weakly.

Everyone fell silent as that thought hung in the air. We were in a tough spot. Outside was our painful and overwhelming death, so until we thought of something clever, we were stuck here. I frowned as the group began to walk around the room aimlessly, quietly chatting between each other about what we could do.

I quietly sighed and walked off to one end of the room, sitting in an old office chair and watching the others all do their own thing. It made the mood very sour and sad. We were on the edge of defeat, and I was doing my best to not burst into tears in front of everyone.