Beautiful Artistry

Once again, the sound of an alarm snapped me out of my sleep. I groaned and looked at the time. 7:30. I sighed, slowly untangling myself from the blanket and did my morning routine from yesterday. Before I walked out of my room, however, I looked back at my new purchased stuff, and I squinted in determination. I quickly went to work pinning the posters to the wall around my bed's backboard, and setting the figurines on top of my dresser. Smiling at my finished redecorating, I walked out of my room to get some breakfast at the cafeteria.

As I walked happily through the hallways of the castle, my eyes wandering to all that surround me, I started to hear talking. I slowed down to a shuffle as I came up to a door that was opened slightly. I took a careful peek in, only to end up seeing just some staff members chatting happily between each other. I sighed at my sudden paranoia, and continued on my way. What was up with that, I asked myself. Why am I so worried about what the staff were talking about? Was it because of that voice last night? I felt a shiver crawl up my spine just thinking about how distressed the voice seemed. And somehow no one heard him, which made me even more freaked out. I shook my head, though, when the thought of investigating started to creep up. I sighed again and continued on my way to get some food, but the memory of that voice never left my head, even when the smell of eggs, bacon and toast hit my nose. I entered the cafeteria and was snapped out of my thoughts by the volume of the whole room. I quickly made my way over to the counter that separated the kitchen from the rest of the room, grabbing a glass of orange juice along the way. I grabbed two pieces of toast, put ketchup on one slice, and put a fried egg on the other. I took an open seat at an empty table, and quietly ate my breakfast as I thought about what to do today, but nothing clicked. I tossed my stuff in with the other dirty dishes, and was about to leave when someone put a hand on my shoulder. I gulped, and looked behind me.

"What are you doing here, squirt?" said a gruff guard with a thick beard. He was flanked by another male guard with a big bushy mop of blonde hair, and a girl with her hair done up into a bun.

I looked between the three of them. "I was just getting breakfast, and now I'm leaving." I shook myself out of the guard's grasp and continued through to the door. The one guard put his hand on my shoulder again, chuckling. I tried to shake him off again, but he kept his grip, and I internally panicked.

"Listen, kid, I don't think you get it", the first guard said, "We rule this place, and we don't take kindly to outsiders." The other two guards silently nodded with vicious smirks. I looked between the three of them quickly, scared at what they were going to do to me. I tensed up as they approached.

"What exactly are you three doing?" said a familiar voice. I looked over to see General Skye with Katania off to the side. She was looking at the three guards expecting an answer.

"Well, this little brat was giving us trouble", the guard explained, "So we were just showing him who's boss."

"Oh really?" The General said with a raised brow, "The same kid that Jeffery is watching?" The trio's expressions fell a bit. "The same kid that I'll be willing to keep safe by disbanding your butts?" The three guards flew into a panic and dropped me harshly before running off. I glared at them as they ran, Katania helping me to my feet. I dusted myself off and looked up at General Skye.

"Thanks for that, General", I said with a smile, "If you hadn't stepped in, I don't know what they would have done to me."

"Don't worry about it, kid", she said smiling, "Katania noticed you were in trouble, and those three are known for causing havoc when unsupervised. They think they rule the food court." She looked in the direction they disappeared in. "I know who's going to be cleaning up after training today", she mumbled. She nodded at me and Katania and followed after the three that ran. I watched go, only to feel a tug on my sleeve. I turned and looked at Katania, who was shyly looking at the ground.