Summer Camp Chaos

The TARDIS shot through the portal like a bullet, all because Corey was encouraging The Doctor to take this trip a bit more reckless. Laney was roaring at him to chill and for both boys to stop. It was a sentiment everyone seemed to share, either with harsh glares or loud complaints with every sharp shake of the ship. The loudest were Dry Bowser, Amy and Ralph.

Except me and Gladius.

The two of us, when things started to escalate in the main control room, fled to the library to escape the incoming frustration. We weren't the only ones to think that, too. Merida and Galacta had decided to follow after us, and when the four of us were amongst the walls of books and closed the door, we all collectively breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yeah... I don't need to be there for all of that", the Dun Broch Princess said with a groan. "And I'll probably kick Corey outside if he keeps this up."

"I agree", Galacta said darkly. His masked face gained dramatic shadows, his eyes disappearing. "Flowey and Majima are already wearing down my mind. Another one like them will send me over the edge."

"Yeah, that's intense..." I cringed. "So I'm glad you chose the option of peace." My joke was met with a content hum.

"I'm still trying not to revert back to my old ways", the knight mumbled morbidly. "But some days... there's this nagging voice in the back of my mind trying to take control. It was especially strong when we were dealing with Dry Bowser."

"That's ominous..." Merida muttered, giving the knight a look of concern mixed with a hint of fear.

"But I've pushed it aside", Galacta reaffirmed. "I won't let the voice take me over. Not ever."

"I'm happy to hear that, Galacta", Gladius said in a calm tone. He hovered over and began to look over the books that rested on the shelf.

I walked off and began to search for my own book, scanning the shelves as the distant roars of frustration and anger hit my ears. I rolled my eyes and continued on my main task. I soon found the first Lord Of The Rings novel, and went over to the nearest bean bag chair after snagging it off the shelf.

As I calmly read my novel, Merida joined my side after moving another bean bag next to me, her own book in her hand. Galacta was hovering above the two of us, reading and Altus of the Earth. And Gladius decided to just lean next to me and catch some rest. I smiled and used my free hand to pet the top of his hilt.

As time trucked on, Merida and I had fallen asleep, leaning against each other. Galacta had joined in, wrapping his wings around the two of us so we didn't freeze. The warmth of the feathers. Made me subconsciously snuggle more into it, and for what I assumed was an hour I slept peacefully.

I was stirred from my slumber when someone gently shook my shoulder, and cracking my eye open I was greeted with Izzy. She was calm with a sweet smile, although her eyes showed her exhaustion.

"Hey Iz", I whispered out. I stretched, then flashed her a tired smile as the others stirred.

"Hey. Just wanted to letcha' know Core's finally been wiped out, so everyone is chill." The Psycho Hose Beast explained. She huffed out a laugh. "Seriously, I'm almost kinda regretting egging him on. But also, I'm not."

Merida let out a tired laugh. "Yeah, that's the Iz I know."

Izzy giggled and gave her fellow redhead her signature manic grin, with Galacta stretching his wings as he began to hover.

"It's about time..." Gladius grumbled as he hovered in line with my head. "I could still hear the chaos even when I was asleep."

"Yeah, yeah..." Izzy's manic grin slowly melted into a grimace. "It got pretty bad. Amy nearly pounced on The Doc if it wasn't for Jenny and Rory holding her back. I will admit it was kinda funny, but after Zomboss was kicked into a wall no one said anything."