Fanboy Fall Out

I decided to immediately have a nap after entering the TARDIS, so I bid everyone farewell as I darted to the bedroom and tossed myself into my bed. Gladius was in his scabbard, and when he slid into my arms, in no time, I was out like a light. Occasionally, I was vaguely aware of Gladius shifting every so often, but it wasn't enough to kick me out of sleep.

But when the room's door opened, the light from outside splashing on my face, that did it. With a groan that sounded more like a whine, I cracked my eye open to see Majima grumbling quietly to himself as he rummaged through his bag. He didn't seem to notice I was awake, so I just stayed silent until the cycloptic yakuza left with a wad of cash.

Once he was gone, I let out a tired sigh and moved to sit up. Gladius wiggled out of my grasp and hovered by my side, stretching his wings over his head. "That was a nice rest. I needed that."

"What, was your nap when we were saving Waddles not good enough?" I joked as I yawned.

Gladius huffed. "You won't ever let me live that down, will you?"

"Nope." I shot my friend a cheeky grin, although with my droopy eyelids it clearly wasn't as effective as I hoped.

"I'll find something to get back at you with this..."

"I'd like to see you try, Gladdy", I paused to yawn and stretch, "Besides, I'm pretty sure Maria and Manolo would end up shoving you back into your rock if they caught you in the act."

The sword froze, then shivered in fear. "Good point. And I fear what Rainbow would do if she saw me."

I let out a quiet laugh as I finally removed myself from bed, heading out of the room with Gladius close to my side. The TARDIS was surprisingly quiet, so I decided to take out my headphones and put on some music. The preppy beat of I'll Rust With You by Steam Powered Giraffe helped with expelling some of the sleepiness from my body. But it only did so much, so I made my way towards the kitchen, my music giving me a slight skip in my step.

The kitchen was empty when I reached it, and I cocked my eyebrow in confusion. It was weird how I've only seen Majima so far, but I choked it up to them just enjoying some peace. I quickly took out an apple and bit into it as Gladius poured me a glass of juice. I was entirely engrossed into my music, only subconsciously reaching and taking a sip of the drink.

So much so, I nearly dropped my cup in shock when Rory suddenly walked in. Both of us jumped, staring at each other wide eyes. After we stood frozen for a good minute before Gladius intervened by pausing my music and pulling my headphones off.

I shook my head. "Hey Rory. Sorry, I didn't expect to see you here."

"Ah, it's okay", Mr.Pond waved off. "Majima's been getting us into this big poker tournament, and everyone's in the library either watching or playing along."

"Sounds lovely", Gladius droned out sarcastically.

"I said the same thing." Rory pulled out a mug and went to make himself some coffee. "I tapped out a bit ago. I was just watching, Amy was absolutely destroying everyone, but felt like doing something more productive."

I hummed. "You want to head to the main console and see if we've arrived yet?"

"The Doctor would've told us. He's been there this whole time."

I gave the man an odd look. "But he wasn't there when I was coming here."

Rory gave me a slightly confused look. "What...?"

The coffee was abandoned as the three of us all left to see where the eccentric time traveller could be. We first scanned over the central room, and he was nowhere in sight. So then we moved onto the bedrooms, then the bathroom, the pool, and then did a complete sweep of the kitchen.