Kill Or Be Killed

A couple rays of a cloudy morning hit my eyes, making me wake up with a groan. Instead of finding myself in the tent sleeping on Ralph, I was actually snuggled up against Izzy still under our tarps. It was raining out, and the wild child was glaring out and watching the weather.

"Izzy..." I said quietly, rubbing my eyes. 'What's going on, why am I not in a tent?"

"You were", She said, shooting me a goofy grin. "But then you crawled out and snuggled up with me, and I decided to just let you chill." She ruffled my messy hair.

I smiled up at her, then looked out to the weather. The sound of the rain was relaxing, but it also made my mood dreary and sad. Especially with what we were caught up in recently.

"Hear anything about Flowey?" I asked hesitantly.

"Nope", a new voice chimed in. Majima sat down to my right, and handed me a sleeping Gladius. The sword was still in his scabbard, so I hugged him close as the yakuza joined in with watching the weather. "Me and Isabelle-Chan went out not too long after everyone went to sleep, and we looked everywhere. We saw that fucking bastard a couple times, but he always slipped away just before we could catch him."

Izzy growled. "So we came back, and as soon as we did, you crawled out of your tent, half asleep, and instantly cuddled up with me. You were so cute, I let it happen."

I hummed and I hugged Gladius close to my body, my unease not quelled. The low rumble of distant thunder snapped me out of my thoughts, and I finally realised how cold it was. With a noticeable shiver, I leaned more into Izzy, and she smiled down at me.

"How are neither of you cold?" I asked, looking between Majima's bare chest and Izzy's two-piece outfit.

"I'm used to tackling the Canadian wilderness like this!" Izzy said in a bubbly tone. "It lets me be more sneaky and stealthy."

"And I'm just that fucking hardcore", Majima answered smugly with a grin. "Plus, I like to show off. Always gets the ladies riled up, too."

I rolled my eyes and Izzy giggled maniacally. Taking a deep breath of the damp, cool air, I let my eyes wander to the back door of Professor Utonium's home. It was still fairly early in the morning, so the inside of the house was dark. Carefully scooching forward a bit, I stuck my hand out and felt the cold rain hit the skin of my hand. After a bit pooled up in my palm, I slashed my face, and that gave me the jolt I needed to fully wake up.

"So, I'm up now", I said, smiling cheek to cheek as energy surged through me. "What's the plan?"

Majima hummed, then walked out into the rain. It was somewhat starting to lighten up, but not by much. At least it wasn't like a waterfall. "Well, I'm gonna head out and see if any shit seems suspicious. You coming, Psycho Beast?"

Izzy rapidly nodded and swung to her feet. "Let's get going, Majima-san!" She grabbed the Yakuza's hand and both of them sped off through the fence gate to the street. I smiled at their leaving forms, only to turn my attention to Gladius, who let out a yawn as he finally woke up.

"What's going on?" He asked mid yawn.

"Majima and Izzy ran off to maybe try and find anything suspicious", I answered, jabbing a thumb towards the gate. I then smirked at him. 'This is a first, though..."

"What is?"

"That I was up before you", I said sweetly. This earned me a laugh from the living blade. He took off his scabbard and hovered out into the rain. I watched him fly around the backyard aimlessly. He faced me, and I smiled at him, but when he didn't react to me, I got confused. It clicked in my head that he was looking at something behind the tents, and I felt my blood freeze.