A Forgotten, Dying World

It was literal hell, so much so I felt like I was trapped in a waking nightmare.

The portal was uncharacteristically violent, with the usually calm and smooth movements of the outer wall now snappy and spastic. The volume of the voices, which had gotten quieter with each trip, was now so much louder than when I was first brought here. It was so intense, it made my head feel like it was going to explode. I felt like I was going to faint.

But then I heard screaming. Screaming that snapped me back to reality. Trying to straighten out my flailing body, I looked further down the frantic tunnel, and saw all my friends flailing in their own ways.

"Gladius!" I called out. Looking around, I spotted him spinning around, unresponsive to all the chaos around him.

Steeling my nerves, I finally controlled my fall and pushed myself forward, grabbing the blade by his handle. Once I grabbed him, a sudden shockwave shot me towards the others.

"Guys!" I screamed, looking at them with pleading eyes. Jenny was the first one to notice me and act, stretching her arms out and wrapping them around me. But the save was foiled when the TARDIS came out of nowhere, clamming into the teenage robot and knocking her away.

The arms limply let me go, and I screamed as I spiralled down the tunnel.

"WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING?!" Maria cried out, trying to reach out to me.

"I DON'T KNOW!" I screamed back. "GLADIUS IS UNCONSCIOUS, SO WE'RE ON OUR OWN!" I looked around. "WHERE'S GALACTA?!"

"OVER HERE!" McGee yelled. Attempting to look over, I spotted the knight completely still as he shot through the tunnel. Just like Gladius, he seemed to be unconscious.

"KID!" Ralph roared. I frantically looked around, and saw Vanellope barrel right at me. I cried out, opening my arms to grab her. She ploughed into my chest, knocking me closer to Dry Bowser's shell. The racer was frantically glitching, which made me even more terrified than I already was.

"C-C-C-CALEB!" She forced out, her voice crackling with electricity. "I C-C-C-CAN'T CONTR-TR-TROL MY GLIT-T-T-TCH!!!"

"JUST HOLD ON!" I swerved in and attempt to land on the skeleton turtle's shell (who was in pieces scattered around), but I was stopped when a bolt of multi-coloured lightning shot out and knocked it away.

It nearly slammed into Amy, who just barely dodged it. This, however, meant Majima ate it, sending him further down the tunnel.

I watched as Buttercup tried to fly over and reach him, but something in the portal was throwing her off course, making the green-clad Powerpuff slam into the wall. That only made things worse, as it sent out a shockwave that blasted not only her, but the rest of us down the tunnel at an even faster rate.

We all screamed in terror as the portal began to get more violent, the lights and sounds becoming nearly unbearable. It didn't help that more multicoloured lighting was being shot out at us from the cracks between the glass memories.

All of us that were still conscious did our best to dodge them, but we were repeatedly grazed by the white hot bolts, burning skin and clothing alike.

And then there was the boom that made things even more violent, with bolts arcing around us indiscriminately, arcing around us and clashing with each other. Sparks flew around wildly and struck us like hail, which made me wish for when this nightmare would end.

I got my wish.

With the loudest, deepest boom imaginable, an absolutely massive bolt of lightning shot out from a crack...

And struck us head on.

We all screamed in agony as the electricity surged through us, amplified by the robots and TARDIS. Our clothing wasn't damaged at all, but I could feel burning fire, freezing cold, poisonous venom and choking dust pump through my blood. It was horrifying. I felt like I was going to die.