Part 141 - Payback (part 3)

I was warming up my vocal chords in the corner by myself when I had to turn to face the wall to do it.

I'd just gotten ready under a very watchful Rhea, hardly taking her eyes off me like she was going to pounce at me again at any minute. I was so scared. I was not ready for when she was going to do that.

I knew it was coming, I'm just not sure when, or how badly and how many times again...

I was still sore and tingly down there.

Rhea was like an animal. Following me wherever I want, watching me and just waiting for the right moment. I usually warm up alone in a dressing room, but I came out to the gorilla so people were around. I just needed a break.

Rhea was nearby of course, getting her makeup done. She was staring at me, so that's why I had to face the wall. I was getting so hot, just thinking about the whole morning.

I cleared my throat, making sure any and all weakness in it was gone.

People were around now. Wrestlers getting ready. Workers and managers getting stuff organised. It wasn't long until the show started. It was my first night back and I was so excited.

When I heard the makeup ask Rhea. "What's happened here on your neck?" I turned around.

Rhea was looking at it in the mirror and replied casually. "Scratched it."

She definitely didn't scratch it. I didn't scratch it. I definitely bit it.

Rhea looked at me a second and I looked back down. I couldn't even look at her because it felt like she was going to take me right here on the equipment box.

"And here? You've been in a war Rhea." The makeup artist joked and touched Rhea on another part of her neck. Rhea just laughed it off and I looked away when she looked at me again.

I stretched my neck and kept warming my voice up. Keeping to myself and myself only.

"Hello, Flo?" Someone said from behind me.

I turned around and... Isaac? "Hello." I said.

"I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Isaac, we haven't officially met." He held his hand out.

I was extremely rattled. I softly shook it and I saw Rhea just nearby watching, looking like she wanted to jump out of her seat. "Florence." I told him, not wanting him to call me by Flo.

"Great to meet you, Flo." He said and I straightened my lips a bit in annoyance. "I know what you've been through but I'm glad you're back. I just want to convey my deepest apologises about it all."

He had nothing to apologise for. "It's fine, really." I said. "I'm just glad to be back." I cleared my throat and took a step back because I didn't trust this guy after everything they've told me about him.

"You seem nervous?" He said with a little smile. "There's no need to be, Flo."

I looked to Rhea again and she was still staring at us, I have no idea if she could hear what we was talking about.

Then Isaac looked the direction I was staring. To Rhea, who looked at him back. Well, glared. Isaac turned his attention back on me. "The girlfriend." He said. "Lesbians." He mutters beneath his breath like it annoyed him.

"Pardon?" I said to him.

Isaac smiled and brushed it off. "Rhea doesn't like me very much. I actually admire how she doesn't care what people think about what she wears and-"

"She's my fiancé." I told him, hoping he doesn't finish whatever he was going to say about her.

Isaac nodded once. "I see. I'm a fan of the gays."