Part 124 - How Did I Forget?

I peeked out the hallway, my knees buckling beneath me. From the night.

The thing with Rhea, the woman.

The fact that someone had just busted in the front door of Damien's house. It didn't sound friendly at all.

Footsteps sounded across the living room and I waited and watched as they got closer to the hall. Then closer.

They were so close.

I looked around for a weapon, picking up a lamp nearby.

When I looked back out to the hall...

My heart dropped and I thought it sank onto the floor.

Lacy was staring at me with a small smile.

She ran at me.

I slammed the door shut and leaned on it with everything I had.

Lacy shoved her way through the door, sending me flying and crashing onto my front on the ground. "Stop!" I screamed as she came down onto me and grabbing my hair, yanking and throwing me around by my hair.

I used my legs and shouted as I shoved her off of me and onto her side.

I crawled back and found the lamp I used. I snatched it and ran from the bedroom.

She was hot on my tail, so instead of taking the right to the door. I took the left.

It was probably stupid.

It would probably get me killed.

I grabbed a knife from the holder and held it out in front of me, pointing it at Lacy. "Stay right there!" Who stopped in her tracks to examine the situation.

This girl was crazy.

Psycho.

Completely psycho.

All because she wanted my-

I saw a very familiar ring on her finger. I looked up at her face, panting, she was grinning that I saw it.

She showed it to me on her left hand. "Like it? My fiancé got it for me." She blushed and laughed menacingly.

She had Rheas engagement ring on.

She was the girl Rhea was with...

The knife in my hand lowered.

Was Rhea with her? Did Rhea want her?

I had so many questions and anxieties in my head but no answer.

All I had was a knife in my hand and a crazy woman in front of me, probably wanting to hurt me or worse.

Lacy took a step forward.

"Hey!" I stopped her and raised the knife again. "What do you want? I don't want to have to hurt you?"

Lacy spoke. "I want her."

I didn't even know what to say. Rhea could want her... no, no I didn't believe any of this right now.

I let my guard down for a moment and Lacy took it and ran at me.

I dropped the knife in a panic and Lacy shoved me into the counter, holding me by the throat and squeezing.

Shit.

I held her wrist and used my other hand to claw at her arm, which didn't budge her. Then I yelled, and grunted as I punched her across the jaw.

She fell to the side and held her face.

I grabbed the knife again and held it down to her, then I pulled the phone I still had in my pocket out. Beginning to dial 911. I ignored all the messages and calls Damien sent me.