24

Oh Minseok was finally back at school and the first thought that crossed his mind was Yeonjun. He wanted to see him as soon as possible.

He straightaway went to Yeonjun's class and looked around for the Omega but his search was in vain as neither he could find Yeonjun nor the Alpha that keeps lingering around him.

Where is Yeonjun?

Minseok shouted, grabbing the collar of a random student.

In the hospital, the meek kid replied.

Hospital? Minseok was definitely surprised, hospital wasn't the answer he was expecting.

Why?

The student narrated the whole incident that happened like how Yeonjun bled after being pushed down the stairs. The Alpha immediately grabbed his blazer and ran out of the class. His heart was beating fast in the fear if something bad happened to the Omega. He was dying to know if Yeonjun was doing okay, after the bleeding he suffered. He was scared, genuinely scared.

**

Yeonjun-ah, eat something, the Alpha spoke to the Omega who was sitting still, lost in thought, unmoving like a statue.

The Omega didn't react nor make an eye contact with the Alpha.

Yeonjun-ah, eat something, my love, the Alpha's heart was full with sadness and his eyes were on the verge of tears.

The Omega refused to eat anything since yesterday. He refused to speak, talk or even pass a glance at Soobin. The Alpha's heart broke every time he watched his Omega.

The Omega blankly looked at the Alpha, spoke nothing, turned his face towards the wall again staring at it, the chore he was doing for hours.

The Alpha's heart pained watching his mate suffer. He hated how his Omega wasn't even interacting with him and somehow he felt it was a punishment – a punishment for him to be an incompetent Alpha.

What kind of Alpha can't even protect his Omega and his kid. Soobin hated himself, hated how pathetic he was, how useless he was - he couldn't even shield his Omega, couldn't even take his pain away, couldn't mend his heart. He was helpless, incapable — he felt ashamed of himself. He wished if not whole – at least he could share a portion of the Omega's pain but the Omega refused to cave him in.

The Alpha hugged the Omega, patting his back and the tears that he was holding back started to fall.

My Omega, my beautiful Omega.

I am sorry.

Everything will get better.

**

It will get better soon, the older Omega (Jin) hugged his son who was sobbing in his embrace.

I can't see him like this.

He will get better. Trust me.

When?, Appa. When?
Why did this happen?

The Alpha's sobs echoed the hall.

You have to stay strong for him. You can't break down like this. You have to be his strength in this tough time, the Omega patted his son's back.

The conversation was halted by the loud shout coming from the hospital room in a familiar voice that Soobin wanted to hear the most.

**

What are you doing here?, Yeonjun screamed.

Why are you here? Wasn't my child dying enough? Now how much do you want to fuck up my life?