6

*

Yeonjun entered his home, turned on the lights and took his place behind the window, standing there, watching the Alpha go until his back faded into the view. Yeonjun then proceeded to take out the side dishes, kept them in the refrigerator and went to take a warm water bath.

He dressed himself in a baggy white shirt and black shorts.

My eyes are puffy, the Omega noticed while drying his hair with towel. Why the fuck I even cried? In front of an Alpha on top of that, and because of an Alpha, so stupid, he frowned.

Yeonjun hit the bed, freshening himself up. He took many twists and turns but sleep was hardly able to catch him. Well, he already logged himself in for almost 6 hours of deep slumber at Soobin's, so sleep couldn't be found anywhere in the vicinity.

He tried resting his mind but plenty of thoughts started to circle around, leaving him anxious. He couldn't stop thinking about the events that occurred today -- how lovely Soobin's family was, how much he always craved this feeling of warmth they held, how beautiful Soobin's father looked next to his mate -- how they were still together and in love.

He wanted that too when he was a kid. He used to sit on the gate waiting for his Alpha father to return. He believed someday he would return, hug him and hold him tight, making it all like a bad dream. Someday him, his Appa and Dad would be sitting together, eating and laughing together just like Soobin's.

But as he grew up, he realised it was just like him wishing to see a star in the morning sky — a losing game

Yeonjun wondered how nice Seokjin was to give him a suppressant to use it on his own son, if required. Yeonjun couldn't help but respect how beautiful human Seokjin was inside-out. He could have simply blamed it on the Omega, just like the rest of the world does, but instead he apologized for his son's action and even gave Yeonjun injections in case of emergency.

The Omega found Soobin's family legit beautiful. They were like huge stars filled with warmth, sparkling so brightly — oozing with comfort and serenity, something Yeonjun indescribably lacked. Maybe that's why Soobin's different, Yeonjun thought to himself. Or maybe it's all a facade, he added. The Omega couldn't contemplate what to do about Soobin.

All of more, he couldn't stop being curious about the tall Alpha who didn't budge even after Yeonjun's utter ignorance. He wondered why the Alpha was so keen into holding out conversations with him and caring for him, even though Yeonjun didn't want him to.

Since the young Omega knew that no one has ever selflessly done anything for him in his life -- he knew everything comes with a price tag tied to it.

Yeonjun was an affection starved, gloomy child. He was an emotionally damaged, insecure kid who was helpless but not pitiful, he held his head straight and never asked for help even though he was down in sinks. Even after going all the miseries, he was still standing strong. He hid his emotions well and never once cried in front of anyone, apart from his Appa.