Another Found

Sparrow's POV

When we settled down to rest, a strange scent carried a hint of something metallic. I wrinkled my nose in confusion, but when I glanced around, none of my fellow wolves seemed to notice anything. Aqua had quickly excused herself and hurried off into the distance, a sense of unease settled in the pit of my stomach. There was a strange tension between us that seemed to have cropped up out of nowhere. I couldn't quite pinpoint when it had started or why, but it was there, hanging in the air like an unspoken secret.

Each time I tried to talk with her or help, she would withdraw slightly, creating an awkward distance between us. It puzzled me. We had faced dangers together and relied on each other's strengths, yet something seemed fractured. Instinctively, I followed her, moving through the harsh shrubs until I came across a clearing. There, I saw her standing, her back to me, her body tense and weary. Cautiously, I approached her, my eyes widening in shock as I saw the red stains on the ground, stark against the earthy backdrop. 

The metallic scent grew stronger, mingling with the coppery aroma that now clung to the air. As she turned, a sudden collision between her body and mine left us both stumbling, only to be caught by the instinctive reaction of my wings shooting out to hold and caress her fragile form, holding and caressing her body, her paws leaving crimson marks on my fur. But I didn't care. Her eyes met mine, shimmering with a blend of pain and resolute that clenched at my heart. "Why, Aqua?" I asked, my voice soft yet full of concern and confusion. She hesitated, her gaze shifting before she finally spoke.

 She didn't want to be a burden to any of us, she explained, her voice barely above a whisper. I didn't see it that way nor did I know where she got that idea from. My wings held her a bit close, comforting her but there was something else I couldn't quite comprehend, I wanted to dive deeper into what she clearly meant by "between us two". But the urgency of her condition demanded my immediate attention. She needed help, and I needed to provide it. As I carried her back to the pack, Tor came to her aid and wrapped her delicate paws with vine skin. 

I watched as him carry her on his back as we continued to press on. I had slightly mixed feelings and multiple questions filling my head. Questions left unanswered.

                                                                                            ***

After traveling for a while, Yuna started to feel hopeless as she couldn't sense the orbs' presence. Just when her spirit was at its lowest, a spark of a sensation danced through her. It was faint at first, almost teasing her with its presence. But as they journeyed on, the sensation grew stronger, like a beacon calling out to her. Her eyes widened with realization, and a thrill coursed through her veins. The orb was nearby. Suddenly, a subtle movement caught her attention and turned swiftly, only to find empty air staring back at her. Doubt crept into her mind, wondering if exhaustion was now playing tricks on her senses. Shadow noticed her momentary lapse in focus.

Concern tinged his voice as he inquired, "You alright?" Yuna, shaken from her thoughts, offered a reassuring smile. "I'm fine," she replied, her perseverance reignited. "Let's keep moving."
The pack quickened their pace, drawn by the impending promise of finding the orb. Each step brought them closer to their destination, the air crackling with anticipation. Now standing at the entrance of the overgrown and impaling brush, she knew that her journey was nearing its climax. Yuna entrusted the precious orbs to her pack and ventured forth, guided only by her instincts and the faint whispers in the wind.

The thorny labyrinth showed no mercy, its tendrils reaching out to ensnare her. Yet, she pushed through, her intension unyielding. It was a battle against the prickling vines that threatened to impede her progress. She would not be deterred. Finally, after an eternity of struggle, she emerged from the maze. A glimmer of light beckoned her towards a small hole in the ground. Without hesitation, she leaped into the darkness, her heart racing with anticipation within the depths of the hidden chamber. She found what she had been seeking - another orb, pulsating with unparalleled brilliance and beauty.

Its radiance illuminated the place, casting shadows that danced in awe of its power. She reached out and took hold of the orb. 

Earth Orb

Earth Orb