Little Discoveries pt.1

Aqua yawned and stretched as she rose from her small slumber, feeling the dryness in her mouth urge her to seek water. Sparrow and Shadow stirred, curious about her sudden movement. "Aqua, where are you off to?" inquired Sparrow. "I'm feeling parched, I thought I'd search for water nearby," Aqua replied, her own words reminding them of their own thirst. Sparrow offered to accompany her, suggesting that their combined efforts could lead to a quicker discovery of water. Aqua, with a smile, grabbed the large leaf that was used to carry the orbs, used it bring some water back.

Carefully setting down the orbs they had collected, the duo ventured out in search of water. Sniffing the air, they weaved through rocks and boulders until Aqua spotted something intriguing. Leading Sparrow towards a concealed cave entrance, they discovered a hidden oasis inside. A small lake shimmered under faint rays of light filtering through the ceiling's cracks, surrounded by patches of vibrant green moss. After quenching their thirst, Aqua felt a pull to explore further. She assured Sparrow she wouldn't stray too far and ventured deeper into the cave. The sound of dripping water echoed around her as she followed the droplets, each one creating tiny ripples in the pools below.

As she pressed on, a soft glow filled the cave, breathing life into the surrounding vegetation.
The ground beneath her paws seemed alive, tickling her as she walked causing her to giggle. Looking up, she caught sight of a mesmerizing creature with intricate wing patterns soaring above her. Landing delicately on her nose, the creature tickled her playfully, eliciting even more laughter from her. As Aqua continued her exploration, her eyes spotted white specs. Coming in close, her nose inhaled the sweet scent, mesmerizing her. Her eyes wandered and spotted something beyond the distance, catching her attention. Her tail began to wag. She returned to the cave, to tell Sparrow the discovery she made.

Sparrow dipped himself in the small lake, his feathers glistening from the small sunrays as he bathed. Aqua approached him cautiously, admiring his beauty. As she neared, her paw slipped on a rock, causing her to stumble forward. With his lightning reflexes, he reached out and caught her before she hit the ground. Embarrassed by her clumsiness, she quickly apologized and stepped back, feeling grateful for his quick save. "Sorry about that, I didn't see the small hole," she said apologetically. "No worries, just be careful where you step next time," Sparrow reassured her with a warm smile. "Got it! I'll be more careful," she nodded, regaining her composure. "Now, what were you saying again, Aqua?" Sparrow inquired. "Oh, right. I found something that might be helpful," she said eagerly.

"Well, what did you find?" he prompted, curiosity gleaming in his eyes. "When I found the exit of the cave, there was fresh green grass, healthy trees with leaves on them, and a small stream. I went a bit further and saw something beyond the distance that caught my eye. It was a green forest," she explained, her voice full of wonder. "A green forest? That's interesting," Sparrow mused, intrigued by her discovery. "Yes, it is! Let's head back. I hope Yuna wakes up, that way all of us can check it out," she suggested with excitement.
"Sounds good to me," Sparrow agreed as he shook off the water from his wings, wetting Aqua, causing her to laugh a bit. She grabbed the big leaf and scooped up a good amount of water before they made their way back towards the tree.

 She grabbed the big leaf and scooped up a good amount of water before they made their way back towards the tree