Little Discoveries pt.2

When the two returned, Yuna had awakened, looking a bit tired. Aqua placed the large leaf filled with water on the ground in front of her and drank every last drop. "How are you feeling?" asked Aqua. "I'm alright. I think I can walk now," replied Yuna, taking a breath and successfully standing up. However, she immediately sat down. "It seems like you need more rest," Shadow observed. "I can carry you," he offered. "Are you sure?" she asked him, wondering if it was okay.
"Yes," replied Shadow, his response was simple. Before continuing, Sparrow interjected, "When we went to search for water, we discovered an entrance to a cave. Aqua was curious, so she scouted ahead and found something." 

"Oh yes, you guys won't believe what I saw. There were trees with green leaves and a small waterfall that created a stream. There was also a small flying creature and a patch of white buds. In the distance, it appeared to be a green forest. However, the surrounding area was dry, and the trees were brittle," Aqua informed them. "Patch of white buds. Why does it sound so familiar?" Sparrow's thoughts whispered. His ears twitched. "A forest with healthy trees? Aqua, you must be dreaming. I think you need to open your eyes and wake up. This is no longer the world we live in," Shadow replied dismissively.

"It's true! You have to believe me!" Aqua insisted. "No one has seen a forest like that in a long time. Dream all you want, but can't you see the state of the environment? It's impossible," Shadow said in a hopeless tone. "Guys, please calm down. Let's focus on what we need to do. Aqua, show me where you saw this forest," Yuna interjected. Aqua nodded at her and stuck her tongue out at Shadow, causing Sparrow to chuckle and Yuna to do the same. Shadow simply rolled his eyes. When they arrived, Shadow couldn't believe his eyes. He approached the waterfall and felt relief wash over him when the cool water touched his throat. 

Standing at a distance, they gazed upon the vast forest ahead of them. "Maybe there's plenty of food for all of us there. We should explore and see if any packs are around," Sparrow suggested. Slowly descending down some boulders and rocks, they kept a watchful eye out for any lurking creatures. Though not dangerous, the creatures they spotted were far from appealing. A bit concerned, Sparrow questioned Aqua. "Aqua, how's your paw feeling?" he inquired. "I'm fine, I can handle it," Aqua reassured him. "Are you sure you don't need any help?" Sparrow persisted. "I'm sure. You've helped me enough already by saving my life, so, I owe you," she replied, defeating him. "By the way, I wanted to ask you something," she continued, catching Sparrow's attention.

"I'm listening," Sparrow replied, curious about her inquiry. Aqua tilted her head as she curiously questioned him, "Do you know what this creature is? It has such beautiful patterns on its wings."
Sparrow looked up, reminiscing, "When I was young, I used to call them flying flowers, but my friend always corrected me and said they were butterflies." Aqua smiled, enchanted by the name, "Butterflies. That sounds lovely. What about your friend? Have you seen her lately?" Sparrow's expression turned wistful as he shook his head, "I lost contact with her a long time ago. I haven't seen her in years." Shadow, overhearing the conversation, added, "You still hold onto her memory, don't you?" Sparrow nodded, "Why would I forget her? She was like a sister to me. I hope she's safe wherever she is."

Yuna remarked, "It seems like your bond was strong. Maybe one day you'll reunite." Aqua, with a comforting smile, said, "I hope you two can meet again if fate allows." Sparrow, touched by their words, felt a warmth in his heart. A silent promise echoed in his mind, "Alive or gone, near or far, you'll always be etched in my memories."