Swept Away

The dark clouds loomed ominously overhead signaling an impending storm. Sparrow and Rosalie roamed the territory in search of food, their senses heightened by the crack of thunder that rent the air. Whilst the wind picked up, rustling the last vestiges of leaves from the trees, they knew they had to find shelter. Soon, a deafening roar filled the air and a massive branch crashed down in front of Rosalie, missing her by a hair's breadth. Sparrow called out to her; his voice barely perceptible over the howling wind. Panic rose in their chests when a flash of lightning struck nearby, igniting a small fire that began to spread rapidly through the dry shrubs.

Just as despair threatened to consume them, a figure leaped out of the shadows, landing gracefully on all fours. It was Aqua. The flames began to pass just as the first drops of rain began to fall. The parched earth turned to treacherous mud beneath their paws, making every step a battle to stay upright. Rosalie's heart thumped against her chest and stumbled on the slippery ground, but Sparrow was quick to steady her. Aqua stood by their side instinctively aware of her role in this dangerous situation, her presence had a calming force amid the chaos. As another bolt of lightning illuminated the sky, the ground trembled beneath them and a distant rumbling grew steadily louder. 

The realization dawned on them—it was not only just a storm they were facing, but merely a raging flood hurtling towards them. Without a moment to spare Aqua took charge. Though her powers were meager she knew she had to try, and with no hesitation, she darted to the front her fur glistening with raindrops as she took a deep breath. A low, haunting howl escaped her jaws, sending an invisible shockwave through the air.  The sound transformed into a shimmering barrier of pure energy, creating an impenetrable shield that encased the pack, protecting them from the fierce elements that threatened to engulf them. Waves surged and roared, desperately trying to find a way through, Aqua stood her ground with her unfaltering resolve holding strong.

"Sparrow, take Rosalie and get out of here!" Her voice rang out, filled with urgency. Sparrow hesitated, torn between Aqua and the safety of his friend Rosalie. "I won't leave you here by yourself!" He called back, his wings twitching with indecision. "Just go!" Her command was firm, her gaze locking with his. She knew that sacrifices had to be made for the greater good, even if it meant facing the flood alone. With a heavy heart, Sparrow took flight, carrying Rosalie to higher ground, his wings beating against the driving rain. As he returned his heart clenched at the sight before him. Her shield had shattered under the relentless assault of the flood, leaving her vulnerable and clinging to a dead tree in the churning waters.

Desperation gripped him as he flew, but before he could reach her, a blinding bolt of lightning struck illuminating the scene in stark, unforgiving light. The piercing crack of thunder mingled with Sparrow's anguished cry as he watched Aqua's limp form being swept away by the relentless current. His frantic howl was filled with willpower and premonition that echoed through the storm reaching the ears of those in the distance, causing them to lift their heads and take presage.

Chaos of Elementsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें