Paths

As the night finally gave way to day, the clouds lingered overhead, casting a gloomy shadow over the group as they treaded down the arid path. Yuna's brow furrowed, wondering if there was a safer route to take. Sparrow took flight ahead and scouted the murky surroundings. With graceful flaps of his wings, he soared into the mist, disappearing into the gray shroud that enveloped the land. Moments later he reappeared, shaking the dew off his feathers as he reported back that the fog above was too thick to navigate through. Their only option was to forge ahead into the unknown or wait for the mist to dissipate. They chose to press on.

The path led them deeper into a dark place where an eerie chill hung heavily in the air. The distant cawing of ravens echoed ominously as they ventured forth, each step met with trepidation. Sinister creatures lurked in the shadows, sending shivers down their spines and filling their hearts with dread. All was going well until a gut-wrenching noise pierced the silence, drawing their attention to a gruesome scene unfolding before them. A massive spider, its eight legs glistening with malice, had ensnared a helpless deer in its web, preying upon it with savage intent. The grotesque sight held them captive, the sounds of bones snapping and pained cries causing their skin to crawl.

Yuna stood frozen in horror, her legs refusing to move, until Shadow positioned himself protectively by her side, shielding her from the gruesome spectacle. With a reassuring presence, he calmed her nerves, allowing her to gather her wits amidst the chaos. Aqua, overwhelmed by fear, found her legs trembling uncontrollably, threatening to give way beneath her. Sparrow, ever watchful, swooped in just in time to catch her before she stumbled, his soothing presence giving her the strength to stand firm once more. With a gentle touch, he guided her forward, his protective wing sheltering her from the horrors that surrounded them. Pressing onward, a soft glow began to pierce through the darkness, illuminating their path with a faint light of hope amidst the encroaching shadows. 

Upon reaching the exit, they all took a break. Yuna gazed out at the scenery and became lost in thought, her body twitching as she felt something again. "I can feel it... somewhere out there", she thought to herself. As the day progressed, they traversed some hills and narrow pathways, eventually reaching a deep ditch with a fragile tree bridge. The water was shallow with tiny streams and jagged rocks at the bottom. This made the already perilous situation even more intimidating. Yuna and her companions approached the deep ditch cautiously, eyeing the fragile tree bridge with uncertainty. The water below glistened, revealing sharp rocks and treacherous currents.

Carefully stepping onto the creaking bridge, a sudden gust of wind made the tree sway, causing collective gasps from the group. Yuna felt a strange pull, urging her to move forward despite the looming danger. With each step, the sizzling sensation in her paw intensified, leading her. Moving along the fragile tree, her heart racing with each step. Her right hind leg felt sore from the tension and focus required to navigate the precarious path. As she put one leg in front of the other, a sudden misstep caused her to slip.

Before she could lose her balance, Shadow sprang into action. With swift precision, he reached out and firmly grabbed her leg in his jaw, preventing her fall and gently placed her leg back on the tree, ensuring she was stable once again. "Thank you, Shadow," Yuna breathed, relief washing over her. "No problem, just keep going", he replied plainly. Midway across the bridge, Aqua took another step onto the old wooden bridge till a loud crack echoed, sending vibrations through the wood beneath their paws. Aqua's paw had gotten stuck, causing the bridge to tremble dangerously.

Panic set in as the tree began to splinter, threatening to collapse into the abyss below. Panic gripped her as she tried to free herself, but the more she struggled, the more precarious her situation became. Turning her head quickly, Yuna wanted to help, but Shadow made her run to safety. Sparrow quickly scurried up to Aqua's side and tugged frantically at her front paw, trying to break her free from the wooden trap. Aqua winced in pain as the splintered wood dug into her skin, but she knew she had to fight to survive.