Two Scenes

Aqua and Sparrow found themselves nestled inside a cozy tent after a long day of unexpected chaos. Sparrow groomed his feathers with precision, each movement was calculated to maintain their impeccable condition. Aqua observed him with fascination, mesmerized by the grace and beauty of his wings. Her gaze softened as she watched, eyes reflecting admiration akin to an artist admiring a masterpiece. When Sparrow finally looked up from his grooming, a hint of concern crept into his voice as he broke the peaceful silence that enveloped them. "Are you feeling alright, Aqua?" his tone filled with genuine care. "Do you still feel the cold?"

Not wanting to burden him with her discomfort or reveal her shyness, she quickly replied, "I'm okay, thank you." With a gentle insistence, he said, "If you're cold, please tell me."
Understanding, she nodded appreciatively before letting out a quiet yawn. "I'm beginning to feel tired. It's time for us to rest. We shouldn't keep the others waiting if we oversleep," she suggested. "Indeed, the night has grown late," he agreed, sharing his concerns. "I hope we wake up in time. Well then, goodnight, Aqua." "Goodnight, Sparrow", she returned his sentiment with a slight smile. The night deepened as both beings succumbed to slumber, however, her sleep was disrupted by a sudden chill that sent icy shivers down her spine. 

Gently, an unfurled wing enveloped her body in a protective embrace that shielded her from the cold night air. Feeling the warmth, she gradually relaxed, the tension melting away as she nestled close. Sparrow let out a gentle smile and sigh, his comforting presence made her find peace, and soon, both drifted into a serene and undisturbed sleep.  

                                                                                                 ***

The night went on, casting a looming shadow over the view. Rosalie remained awake, her gaze fixed on nothingness as she pondered the impending events of the next day. Tor lay sound asleep, his deep breathing was the only sound breaking the stillness of the night, while Sage kept a vigilant watch. He turned his head slightly catching her in his sight, his loyal heart yearning to comfort her in her moment of solitude. It was then that she blinked, and their eyes met in a silent connection. "Is something troubling you, Rose?" he inquired, his concern evident in his voice. She hesitated for a moment before responding, "No, not really." 

There was more beneath the surface of her calm facade, taunting her mind. "I'm curious about what's going through your thoughts if you're willing to share," he prodded gently. She let out a heavy sigh, her words were filled with regret and a hint of self-doubt. "It's just that... I can't help but feel like I made a mistake by coming along. I realize now that I was selfish and didn't think things through. I was foolish to let my feelings for Sparrow cloud my judgment.  When I saw him again after so long, he consumed my thoughts, and didn't want to be separated from him again. I'm sorry, I'm rambling, aren't I? I'm just not cut out to be a worthy future, Alpha."

Sage listened intently, his demeanor calm and compassionate. "I know it was difficult for you when you and Sparrow were torn apart. I may not understand the exact pain of losing someone so close, but I can empathize with having feelings for someone." Rosalie's curiosity was piqued by Sage's admission. "Really?", her head tilted in curiosity. Sage hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Yes, but it's a secret." A playful gleam was shown in her eyes. "Do I know this she-wolf?", she inquired excitedly. His expression softened, a hint of warmth in his gaze, "If I told you, it wouldn't remain a secret." Rosalie chuckled softly. "Well, I hope she reciprocates your feelings and treats you well."

He nodded thoughtfully. "I hope so too. But, returning to the important lesson, don't be ashamed, Rose, we all experience emotions. However, every Alpha must strive to balance responsibilities and feelings. I do not doubt that you will succeed." Their eyes locked in a silent understanding, his russet brown eyes meeting her gentle baby blue ones. At that moment, he felt a sense of elation that transcended words. Rosalie smiled gratefully. "Thank you, Sage, for trying to understand me."  "You're welcome," he replied sincerely. "Is there anything else you need?" he inquired. "No. I will go to sleep now. We all need our rest for tomorrow", she replied as she yawned.

"I'll stay awake a little while longer to keep watch," Sage informed her. With a quick nod, she fell asleep. As time seemed to pass, his gaze never left her slumbering form. His own heart brimmed with unspoken longing, making a silent vow to always be there to protect and support the one he cherished, even if it meant staying in the shadows. His thoughts were chaotic in the stern stillness of the night.