Chapter 1

"Huh?"

Ren Chenxi was in the middle of playing a game when she heard her older brother's faint exclamation from the next room. She wasn't paying much attention to the game and wasn't entirely sure if she had heard correctly. But shortly after, another terrified scream came from next door:

"Ahhh! When did I successfully romance the Goddess Mu? I didn't play the game yesterday! Moreover, even though I've won the Goddess's affection, why is there an additional 'blackening value' underneath? A blackening value of one hundred percent??? Does this mean that this dating game is turning into a horror game? A deranged yandere Goddess... I don't want this!!!"

Listening to her older brother's increasingly mournful cries, Ren Chenxi shrugged guiltily.

Indeed, she had played the game on behalf of her older brother yesterday when he was too busy. But... when she returned from the game world to reality, she hadn't even managed to increase the affection level of the "Goddess Mu" that her brother talked about all the time. Ren Chenxi distinctly remembered that she couldn't raise the affection value for this "Goddess Mu" for a long time. Therefore, she decided to take a break from being a lovesick puppy, exploring the game world and relaxing herself instead of being glued to the Goddess Mu all day, which was making her increasingly restless. So she went on a trip in the game world!

It has to be said that with the rapid development of technology, these holographic games have become more and more realistic. So realistic that... during her time in the game, Ren Chenxi often believed she had entered another parallel world. Each day in the game felt extremely genuine. Falling would hurt, catching a cold would lead to sickness, getting injured would make her bleed, feeling thirsty required drinking water, hunger meant eating, and sleepiness meant sleeping... In short, Ren Chenxi in the game experienced everything just like a regular human in the real world. If it weren't for her ability to summon the game system panel at any time, Ren Chenxi might genuinely have thought that her gaming headset had malfunctioned, transporting her to another world during gameplay.

However, even though she didn't actually traverse to another world, what's terrifying is that during her time in the game, this darn game had a bug! When Ren Chenxi got tired of diligently increasing the affection level of the Goddess Mu every day and wanted to force an exit, she despaired as she discovered that she couldn't leave the game!!! Helpless, Ren Chenxi had no choice but to overcome her fear, pull herself together, and figure out how to quickly romance the Goddess Mu. Who knows, maybe that would be her ticket out of the game. So, in this way, Ren Chenxi genuinely lived her in-game life as if it were reality.

However, human patience truly has its limits, especially when Ren Chenxi diligently tried to increase the Goddess Mu's affection every day, yet the goddess remained aloof and barely showed any affection toward her. Eventually, Ren Chenxi gave in. At that time, she thought, "Oh well, the goddess is naturally cold, maybe I'm being too clingy and it's irritating her. I might as well take a vacation during the summer before my senior year, and then come back to continue romancing the goddess."

During this trip, Ren Chenxi had an absolute blast. After all, the game world felt incredibly realistic, and she was so captivated by the local cuisine and the scenery in various places within the game world that she almost forgot about her mission to romance the Goddess Mu. Then, one day, Ren Chenxi abruptly woke up in her hotel room, and when she remembered her task to romance the goddess, she was shocked to realize that two whole months of summer vacation had already passed. Not only had she not returned to school, but she hadn't even requested a leave of absence!

As Ren Chenxi anxiously searched her room for her phone, she belatedly remembered that on one of the early days of her trip, she had lost her phone.

In this game world's setting, smartphones weren't popular, and it was impossible to be as dependent on a phone as one would be in the real world. Therefore, when Ren Chenxi discovered her phone was missing, she didn't take it seriously. In fact, she felt a strange sense of relief and relaxation.