Drawing

Gia's POV
"Mr. Scott.... Gia is drawing a gun." I heard while my head snapped up looking at my drawing.

"Did not! Shut up." I said back quickly covering my drawing.

The bell rang after that statement. The room was silent. "Everyone line up for recess. Gia, I want you to stay back with me." Mr. Scott said putting a hand on my shoulder to keep me in the chair.

He waited until everyone left the room before he lifted my hand and looked at my drawing. "You cannot draw guns at school it's against the rules and not appropriate."  He said sliding by drawing into his pocket.

I looked down, I want to talk to the principal." I said crossing my arms.

Mr. Scott sighed but called for my principal over the walkie talkie. Not long he was in the classroom whispering with Mr. Scott , "come on Gia, let's go." He said holding his hand out. I quickly grabbed his hand. My principal was one of my favorite people at school. I really have put this man through a lot but he's always nice to me.

He walked me outside of the classroom and took me into his office. I sat down on the chair in front of his desk. "What's going on kid?" He asked eyeing me confused because I wasn't in my normal tantrum that I was usually in when he had to come take me.

"No one will let me draw a gun." I said just above a whisper.

"Won't let you draw a what?" He asked clearly missing what I said.

"A gun." I said a little louder.

"Why do you want to draw that?" He asked confused.

"I just want to." I said finding my fingers more interesting than looking at him.

"Well... they aren't appropriate for kids to be drawing." He tried to reason with me and I tuned him out.

"I want to go home. I want Lorenzo to pick me up. " I said being over school for today.

"You don't have long until school is over. Do you want a snack?" He offered opening up his snack drawer. He always gives me snacks.

I went over and picked chips. I handed the bag over, so he could open it. I sat back in the chair and ate them.

He waited until I was done, "okay let's get you back to class. It's almost your computer time right?" He asked holding his hand out. I knew what he was trying to do, he was trying to distract me so I would be excited about something, but I wasn't. I wanted to go home.

I took his hand and let him walk me to the classroom door. Right when he was about to let me in. I sat on the floor. "I don't want to go in." I mumbled putting my head down into my knees.

"Gia come on. You have work to do and so do I." He said holding his hand out to me. He was hoping I would allow him to pull me up but I really wasn't in the right mood to be easy. I shook my head no.

"Your choices are either you get up and go in or I'm going to pick you up and take you in. Then I'll have to tell your dad when he picks you up." He warned.

"You're rude." I grumbled stomping my feet. I stood up and let him take me in and I sat at my table with a huff. He sat in the back of the room. I knew he was going to wait to see if I settled first.

"Hi Gia.... Do you want to do math first or do some work on the computer?" Mr. Scott asked giving me choices, but I was in no mood.

"I want to go home." I whined and crossed my arms. My principal gave me a stern look but I didn't care.

"You can go on the computer first if you want." He said handing me the laptop.

"No!" I said loudly in the near silent room.