Home

Gia's POV
"Daddy ....Dadddyyyyy. Lorenzo!" I said loudly trying to get him to wake up.

"What's wrong?" He asked sitting up quickly.

"Can we go home yet?" I asked ready to get out of here.

"Gia it's 3:00 in the morning. Get your butt back in that bed and go to sleep." He said not thrilled.

"I want to go home now!" I demanded.

"They are not going to let you leave if you don't sleep. I'll tuck you back in. He said getting up from the little cot they brought in for him and Antonio to sleep on.

"Why are you dressed and not in your pajamas?" He asked confused.

"I got dress because I want to go home." I said thinking it made perfect sense.

"Get your pajamas back on please." He said handing me a clean pair.

"Daddy I want to go home. I don't like it here." I said not getting changed.

"Either you are going to get changed or I am going to change you." He said not being very patient at 3:05am.

I decided it would be best not to push him. I quickly changed back into pajamas. "Thank you for listening. Do you want me to lay with you?" he asked picking me up and putting me back into bed.

"I pick the option that Is go home."

He tucked me in and kissed my head. "Good night Gia." He said giving up I laid in bed for a while until I was again bored. Lorenzo was long asleep. I got up and put the heart rate monitor on one of Lorenzo's fingers. I watched his pulse for a while until he woke up.

"Gia! Please go to bed." He said turning and looking at me.

"I'm hungry." I said sitting in the chair.

"No you're tired and need to go back to sleep." He said telling me how to feel. He once again got up and put me back into bed. But this time he laid beside me. He rubbed my back for a few minutes before I finally went to sleep again.

I woke up much later the second time. "Whenever she is awake and ready. You can take her home. I want her checked one more time in three days. I am sending you home with drops for her ears and another nebulizer treatment. If she starts having trouble breathing. You can give her a dose." He said to Lorenzo and Salvatore.

"Thank you so much for everything." Lorenzo said because he has good manners.

I sat up and Salvatore looked happy to see me. "Looks like my little monster can come home." He said picking me up out of the bed.

"Do you want to change or wear pajamas home?" Lorenzo asked while he packed up all our things.

"Pajamas." I said simply.

"That's fine but when you get home you are taking a shower. I don't want germs on you." He said. Salvatore put me down and carried me out of the hospital and into Lorenzo's car. I was so ecstatic to be finally leaving.

"I'm hungry." I said once Lorenzo started to  drive.

"What do you want kiddo?" He asked looking at me in the mirror

"Peanut butter and jelly."

"I'll make you one when we get home." Lorenzo said.

"No! I want Salvatore to do it. I like his better." I said making Salvatore chuckle.

"Well fine then." Lorenzo said fake pouting.

"I can't help I'm just better." Salvatore said winking at me and making Lorenzo glare at him.