Double trouble

Gia's POV
My cousin's name was Gabby and Antonio's brother was name Matt. Gabby and I instantly became best friends.

Matt was really strict like Uncle Leo but Gabby still acted like me and had a funny attitude. She was a lot bigger than me though which wasn't fair. But I was starved most of my nine years so I did have some catching up to do.

Right now we were sitting and playing with each other's fidget toys. She also liked them and we played a long time.

"So how is it living with Antonio? He was always the fun uncle. " She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "It depends on the day. Sometimes he's nice and sometimes he's strict." I said. "Matt is strict isn't he?" I asked.

"You have no idea."She responded while standing up.

"So do you have to ask to be excused from the table?" I asked still caught on that.

"Yes and you wait until you see what else. I'm bored do you want to play outside?" She asked.

I nodded my head," let's go."

"We have to ask our dads first or they will flip."

We went and found all the boys. When Antonio saw me he scooped me up in his arms. Matt wrapped an arm around Gabby. She's too big for him to pick up probably.

"Can we go outside?" I asked Antonio while Gabby asked Matt.

Matt titled her chin up. "You two can play but do not go anywhere near the woods. Do you understand me Gabriella?" He asked sternly bring out the full name card. That's when you know they mean business.

"I understand daddy." She said pulling the polite card like I do.

"Same goes to you pipsqueak." He said looking at me.

"I understand Uncle Matt." I said also using the sweet card.

Antonio set me down and we both ran out the door. "So what are we going to do?" I asked. Antonio's dad lived in the middle of no where.

"We will play here for a while and then we will go in the woods. I have a secret fort we can go to." She said as she started kicking a soccer ball. We played for a long time and then we headed into the woods. She went back a little before stoping at a tree that had branches close to the ground.

We both climbed. "Gia! Gabby!" We heard a voice  yell. I jumped when I heard it and lost my balance. I fell face first and hit a branch before I fumbled to the ground. Ironically, Gabby also fell and hit the same branch. When she got up she had a bad cut on her forehead head and not long after I also felt blood trickling down my face.  We ran out of the woods and came face to face with three angry men.

When we got closer, their angry looks became concerned.

"What happened?" Antonio asked panicked and picked me up.

"I fell." I said quietly. I could feel the blood dripping down my face. I knew it was bad but not the worse I've ever gotten.

Gabby on the other hand was scared and crying.

The guys rushed us into the house and sat both of us on the counter. Antonio held a wet washcloth to my head. I just sat there and Gabby was crying.