Antonio's Long Day Part 2

Antonio was still laying with Gia when Lorenzo calls him. "Hey! Did she finally fall asleep?" Lorenzo asks.

"Yes but there is a small thing that she didn't want to tell me because she wanted to play today." Antonio sighs while looking down at a sleeping Gia.

"What's wrong?" Lorenzo asks knowing there has to be more to why Gia was acting like this.

"She is sick but is also scared that your mad at her for not telling us and she is afraid that she is going to be punished.

"Aww our poor baby. No wonder she was acting like this. You're going to have to take her to the doctors tomorrow. Let her know that I am not mad and she isn't in trouble." Lorenzo says feeling bad that he couldn't realize she was sick.

"I just don't understand how I didn't realize. I have been with her all day." Antonio says feeling bad he didn't notice.

"She hides it well Antonio. She knew if you found out, you wouldn't let her play." Lorenzo says chuckling.

"Yeah I know. It's just I should have realized."

"Don't feel bad. I didn't realize either. It's a good thing we didn't punish her. You were right about that." Lorenzo says never saying that to him when it comes to Gia.

"Wait did you just praise me?" Antonio asks shocked.

"I guess I did." Lorenzo chuckles. "You're a good dad Antonio. I don't know everything that happened today, but I can tell that kid really put you through it today. You didn't lose your cool like I would have."

"Yeah you need to work on that because she is young and has been put through a lot." Antonio says always wanting to protect her.

"I know I do. It's hard when she is in one of her little moods. Are you going to be good to take care of her and take her to the doctor tomorrow? I'm going to have to stay at work tonight." Lorenzo says feeling bad that he won't be helping.

Gia wakes up coughing and looks up at Antonio. "Is that daddy?' She asks starting to tear up.

"Yes you can talk to him. But yes I will take her tomorrow." Antonio says and then hands the phone to Gia.

"Hi daddy." She says quietly in the phone.

"Hi baby. Daddy told me you were sick." Lorenzo says keeping his voice soft so she doesn't think he is mad at her.

"My throat hurts." She cries out miserable.

"Don't cry baby. Daddy will take you to the doctor tomorrow and you will feel better." Lorenzo says. "Go  back to sleep Gia. I love you." Lorenzo says and Gia hands the phone back to Antonio. They say goodbye and then Antonio hangs up.

"Daddy my throat hurts still." Gia says laying across his chest.

" I know sweetheart. What can I do for you?" Antonio asks gently patting her back.

Gia cries into his chest because even after all she put him through he still wants to help her. "I'm sorry I was bad today." She sniffles feeling guilty.

"Hey, Hey, It's okay. It wasn't on purpose. I should have noticed your sickness earlier. You didn't do anything wrong. I already talked to Lorenzo and he said your okay and that you need to get better."

Gia falls asleep. Throughout the night, Gia continues to wake up herself and Antonio from coughing and her throat being so sore. By morning, neither of them really slept longer than two hours. Antonio calls her doctor and gets her in. Gia is sitting at the table refusing to eat her breakfast and will not drink anything. "It hurts too much. I can't do it." She says pushing the plate away from her.