Healing Part 2

Gia's POV
This whole thing was absolutely ridiculous. Apparently because I started having bad dreams again that means I have to go talk to someone again.

It was a new person this time but still, they just get paid for asking people how they feel all day. Anyone could do that.

I made sure it was a huge struggle for Lorenzo to get me here. I was being ridiculous and I know it.

"What a bitch." I whispered to myself once Lorenzo got me into the car and buckled up.

"What did you just say?" Lorenzo asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing." I whispered.

He didn't say anything else. He shut my door and then got in and started to drive.

"Gia it's not bad to have someone to talk to." He said looking at me in the mirror.

I looked out the window and ignored his little speech. I didn't need anyone to talk to. I have been doing fine on my own. Sure was getting kidnapped awful of course but I have been through much worse.

He pulled into a bright colored building and we walked inside. I was looking intently where we were going so I could find a way to escape.

After a while of sitting, they called my name back. I got up and walked in without even looking At Lorenzo, it didn't matter anyway. Nobody ever listens to me or cares what I want.

I walked back with this middle age lady. She sat me down at a little table and had play dough, coloring pages, and a few cheap fidget toys. Mine were much better.

"Hi honey, my name is Melissa. We are going to spend some time talking today. What would you like to do first?" She asked. I decided to draw a picture of the inside of a computer.

"That's a nice picture. Do you like to draw?" She asked while coloring a picture meant for babies.

"No." I said still working.

"What do you like to do?"

"Nothing."

"Well your dad told me that you have been having trouble sleeping. What do you dream about?" She asked still coloring.

"That's none of your business." I said still working on my drawing. She seemed to not know what to say after that.

"Can I be done now?" I asked after a while.

"Yes." She took me back out and had me sit while her and Lorenzo talked on the other side of the room. It was obvious, she was talking about me because they would look over at me every few seconds.

After a while, Lorenzo came and held out his hand and I grabbed it. He silently walked to the car.

"Do you need to speak to a therapist now?" I asked while he buckled my seatbelt.

He gave me a stern look and then tried not laugh. "Gia, you were not very nice to her." He said.

"She was being nosey. It's none of business what I dream about." I said back to him. "Also how is she going to say I was being mean. I'm 9 and she's a grownup."

He got in the front seat. "Well it's just you and I today, so what do you want to do?" He asked turning and looking at me.

"I want to go home." I said bring my knees up to my face and curling into a ball.

Lorenzo sighed deeply and started to drive. I kept myself in the ball. Lorenzo got home and opened my door. "What's wrong?" Lorenzo asked rubbing my head.

"Nothing." I said flat.

"You can talk to me."

I shook my head no. It was useless to talk to anyone.

*********************************************
Lorenzo POV
"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked feeling nervous.

"I think she will like it. It will be good to get her away and us too. We have never taken her out either.

Antonio wants to spend the weekend on the boat we own. We have not taken Gia yet because the time never felt right.

We packed up and I packed her up without her knowing.

"We are going to go on a trip for the weekend. " I heard Antonio explaining to her.

"Are you getting rid of me again?" Gia asked making me instantly feel like I was going to vomit. We still haven't gotten through to her.

"Of course not, not ever." Antonio said. I walked out at that moment.

"Come on baby doll, we need to stop at a grocery store first and then we are going to head to the boat." I said grabbing her hand.

She followed me out and I put her in Antonio's car. "Are there sharks in the water?" She asked actually looking interested.

"No it's fresh water." I said watching her facial features.

"But there is fresh water sharks."

"Not where we are going." I shut her door and got in the front.

We drove to a store and I went in and got things that I knew she would eat for breakfast and lunch. We would eat out for dinner.

When we got to the marina where the boat was kept I could tell Gia was excited. Antonio picked her up while I had all the bags.

"Can I drive it?" She asked looking happy for the first time in a while.

"Of course you can." Antonio said soaking up Gia's good mood.

"Do we sleep on it?"

"Yep!" He said while we got to the boat. It was cleaned and ready for us to take off. He lifted Gia down into the boat and I hopped on so I could start it. Antonio worked on untying the ropes. Gia was focused on every move I  made. She wanted to know how to start it, what each button did, and how to make the horn go.

"I'm going to have to go buy her a life jacket." Antonio said.

"I know how to swim." Gia said honking the horn.

"It's coastguard rules that everyone under 12 has to have a life jacket on." Antonio said. "Want to come with me?"

"Yes. Can I pick it out?" She asked while Antonio lifted her down. They walked hand in hand. Maybe this was just what she needed.

I hope you enjoyed this update. Please let me know what you want to see next. Thank you for the comments and likes!