Cotton Candy

"Hi daddy." She says and sits on his lap and lays back against his chest.

"Morning, princess" Lorenzo greets back wrapping one hand around her instinctively.

"I feel better now." She says twisting so she can look at him. She looks up at his face and then down. "Should I write my lines now?" She asks feeling bad now that she never did them and Grace had to.

"It's okay, your rest is more important." Lorenzo says not wanting to punish her while her ears hurt and don't feel good. Gia relaxes back against his chest and sighs content.

Felix gets up the next morning and checks Grace's room. He then goes downstairs and finds Grace."Good morning baby. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes" She replies in a monotone voice clearly not having a good sleep. She used to sleep with her mom all the time and is too scared to sleep alone.

Felix sits beside her and pulls her to his lap. "What's wrong baby. Why are you not sleeping well?" He asks knowing she's not telling the truth.

"But I did..She says not wanting to anger
him because she can't sleep alone.

"Baby girl. I could tell you didn't sleep well. Is your bed not comfortable, are you having bad dreams, or are you scared?" He asks just wanting her to tell him.

"Noo none of that...." Hshe says getting up so he could stop questioning her. "Can I have breakfast please?"

Felix nods his head figuring. He will find out tonight. "Sure baby girl." He says taking her into the kitchen.He make them both breakfast and they sit down together to eat.

"Daddy are we going to uncle Felix's today?" Gia asks after sitting on Lorenzo's lap for a while. She was bored and wanted to play with Grace.

"Yeah we will Do you want to?" Lorenzo asked wanting to know if she is well enough to go.

"Yes daddy. I want to go. My ears don't hurt as much as they did yesterday.I want to play with Grace. " She says standing up from his lap. "Can we go out to breakfast?" Gia asks hungry. "Ill be good. I promise." She sends his a small grin remembering what happened last time.

Lorenzo nods into her cuteness. "Okay Gia"
Lorenzo says and gets ready to go.

Gia and Lorenzo leave and go to a restaurant. Gia was in a really cute and good mood. They get in the restaurant. Gia starts coloring on her menu. "I want waffles daddy." She says showing him the picture.They order food and then they head to Felix's and meet Antonio there. As soon as Gia sees Grace she runs to her and hugs her.

"It seems like she is in a good mood today." Felix chuckles at her cuteness.

They heard a loud giggle "Gia! I missed you!"
Grace says loud showing how much she misses her.

The girls run off to play. " I was thinking we could take the girls shopping today. I need to get Grace more things and l'm hoping if Gia goes with us Grace will be more willing to tell me what she wants." Felix says because the last time he took her she wouldn't pick anything out. "Also Grace wonders off worst then Gia does." Felix admits as part of another reason he hasn't taken her anywhere.

"Sure... we could go after a while" Lorenzo agrees and packed all the things Gia might need later

Felix watches intently what he is packing. "I'm also going to need help figuring out what a kid needs. You have everything thought out." He says watching what is he is packing. "You're a really good father." Felix says feeling that he's not anywhere near Lorenzo.

"You are too. You'll get there, I'm sure"
Lorenzo replied and packed everything up.
"Let's let them play for a while and leave"

The girls play for a while and then Felix's gets the girls. Gia comes running into Lorenzo's arms. "Uncle Felix said we are going shopping." She says smiling knowing she will be able to get toys out of this.