Uncle's Girl

"Uncle Leo?" I asked while he was working out in Daddy's gym that was in the basement.

"Yes baby?" He asked in the middle of doing sit ups.

"Does Lorenzo and Antonio not want me anymore?" I asked having this constant sinking feeling in my stomach.

"What ever made you think that?" He asked instantly stopping.

"They never stay home and I feel like they ship me off to you constantly." I said while I started to chew on my fingers.

"Hey, none of that." He said and pulled my fingers into his hand. "They are busy with work right now. They have a lot of important meetings going on. They know that I love you and you are safe with me." He said continue to do sit ups but not taking his eyes off me.

I accepted the answer. "Can I go play outside?" I asked feeling like I was suffocating inside the house. 

"Sure, but stay in the fence." He said and moved onto his next exercise.

I went outside and laid on the trampoline. I stared up and looked at the clouds.

"Come here Gia." Leo said scaring me for a little bit. I don't know how long I have been out here and didn't hear Leo come out.

I sat up and bounced over to him. He sat me down in front of him and even though I was on the tall trampoline I still only came up to his neck. "What's wrong?" He asked while wiping hair out of my face.

"I'm fine." I said lying to him and myself.

"You sure?" He asked knowing the face I was putting on for him.

I nodded my head and gave him a forced smile. He wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me down.

"What do you want me to make you for dinner?"

"Ice cream!" I said

"Ice cream for dinner? I don't think so peanut." He said walking us both into the house. My face fell and he noticed.

"I'll make a deal with you. Let's eat dinner and Then we can go get ice cream. I can ask if Emma would like to come. Does that sound good?" He asked.

I nodded my head. He went into the kitchen and cooked chicken and fries for me and he made himself a huge salad.

We ate and like he promised, we went and got ice cream. Emma came and met us and she even brought Nova.

Leo ordered and payed for our ice cream because he is a "true gentleman" as Emma calls him.

"I didn't know that dogs can have ice cream." I said as Emma ordered a dog ice cream for Nova.

"They make a special one here that won't make her tummy upset." She explained while Nova ran around with her tail wagging.

The ice cream was ready and I watched Emma set it on the ground and Nova went to town on it. I ate mine next to Nova on the ground so she didn't feel left out. Leo and Emma sat at a picnic table holding hands eating. When they were both finished they kissed and I gagged a little bit and covered nova's eyes so she couldn't see them.

"Yuck." I said when they did it again.

They both turned to me and started to laugh. "Why is that yuck?" Emma said smiling.

"You're making out." I said still eating.

"You will understand one day when you start to like boys." Emma said still laughing.

"Uncle Leo said I'm not allowed to date until I'm 40." I said. I was fine with that because boys were yucky anyway.

"40?" Emma asked smirking at Leo.