48

"Are you about to do it?" Grace asked Adrian with a lot of skepticism as the eleven month old smiled widely and showed off his few teeth

"Are you about to do it?" Grace asked Adrian with a lot of skepticism as the eleven month old smiled widely and showed off his few teeth. He was holding onto the edge of the coffee table, standing, and giving her a look that said I'm about to walk and you won't be able to catch me ever again.

Grace knew it was coming, he'd been crawling for months and was curious about it. He pulled himself up often, babbling as he did so. Grace was anticipating it any minute.

Taylor had been at the VMA's the night before and announced her new album, so while Grace watched the baby, Taylor was napping so she could be a slightly nicer human because of the long drive home. Adrian slept through the night almost every night so Grace had no problem taking most of the day that day.

"I dare you," Grace told him playfully, "Are you going to walk, buddy? C'mere."

Adrian pulled one hand off of the table and stood there for a second before falling right over onto his butt. Grace had learned the first time he'd done that to cheer instead of panic, that way the curly haired little boy didn't burst into tears thinking he had reason to.

"Uh-oh!" Grace clapped at him, "Are you okay?"

Adrian crinkled his nose up as he pulled himself back up, using all of his might. At one point Grace wasn't sure how strong he really was, but the hair pulling phase that resulted in them doing nothing with their hair besides having it up, told her quite a lot.

Just as he looked like he was about to try again, Grace could hear Taylor's footsteps towards the sun room and then suddenly, the singer was grabbing the eleven month old from behind and tickling him as he shrieked with surprise.

"Hey! He was about to walk!" Grace complained to Taylor with a gasp. Adrian's laughing persisted for a moment as Taylor pressed lots and lots of kisses to round cheeks, making silly, scary noises while she did.

"I'm terribly sorry, Aydee," Taylor told him with a smile, "Maybe we should go outside and he can walk around out there."

Grace smiled at that idea. They'd been settled into the Rhode Island house for the last month and a half and yet it still made her happy to see Adrian experience the different textures of the grass and the water. He loved getting his feet dipped into the ocean the first time but screamed the second.

"Lather him in sunscreen while I find his hat," Grace pecked Taylor's lips as she got off of the sofa and then went towards the mud room where most of the outside junk was kept. She found a hat for herself and Taylor too as Taylor made faces at Adrian so he would allow her to put the sunscreen on without wiggling away.

Grace put an outdoor blanket down on the grass and Taylor set Adrian down on it with a couple toys scattered around. Taylor grabbed two of the stackable lawn chairs and set them next to the blanket as Adrian immediately tried to rip his hat off with an annoyed grunting noise.