10

"Darling, I really need you to hold still," Grace pleaded with her wife as Taylor leaned against the back of the sofa

"Darling, I really need you to hold still," Grace pleaded with her wife as Taylor leaned against the back of the sofa. She had the needle uncapped, and after the doctor had demonstrated to them the day prior how Grace should administer the medication, Taylor was scared.

Grace was the one very scared of needles, but Taylor was practically dashing away from her. It had been three weeks since they got married and after quite a few appointments with bloodwork and other tests, they were ready to start the process that would prompt Taylor's body to make hopefully a lot of eggs accessible. They hadn't even done one of them yet, but Taylor could just tell in her gut it was going to hurt like hell and make her uncomfortable.

"It's gonna hurt, Gracie," Taylor tried to not move as she shut her eyes. Grace stood up from her squatting position and held the needle far away from them both.

"Open your eyes and look at me," she said softly, "We don't have to do this if it's too much."

"We do," Taylor swallowed as she met Grace's close gaze, "I'm a wimp. We literally are going to do this and I'm just going to suck it up."

"You can close your eyes if you want to but don't move, alright?" Grace reminded her before she pressed a chaste kiss to Taylor's lips. She bent back down and got the needle into position as the older woman took a deep breath and tried to hold still.

"Can you count down?" Taylor had her eyes closed, too scared to look down.

"Three... two," on two, the brunette pushed the needle in and then said, "Done."

"That was not a countdown!" Taylor opened her eyes and saw Grace place it into the biohazard container.

"It got it done," she shrugged, "Good job, love. There's one down and you don't have to take any more until tonight."

"You're going to spoil me for the next two weeks, right?" Taylor batted her eyelashes as Grace wrapped her arms around her shoulders to embrace her. She steadied her by pulling Grace closer by the waist.

"I think I already spoil you," Grace bit her tongue as she teased Taylor playfully, "I'll make sure you are very well taken care of, my darling."

"Good," Taylor buried her face in Grace's neck, "I'm going to complain but I want you to know right now, it wasn't that bad."

She wished she didn't admit that, because by that afternoon, Taylor was falling asleep at the piano and dealing with a major headache. It felt like she was hungover despite not having drank in two weeks, exhausted in every inch of her body.

Grace, who had been listening to the stream of music coming from the music room, noticed it had started to drift off. She got up from her crossword puzzle, pondering the answers as she played a round of chess against herself at the same time, and padded down the corridor where Taylor was barely sitting up.