23

After a very long, mature conversation, Taylor and Grace decided to wait that cycle out and try again next time

After a very long, mature conversation, Taylor and Grace decided to wait that cycle out and try again next time. Grace still needed some time to get reacquainted with herself and Taylor was talking about potentially releasing another album, it wasn't the best time to think about trying for a baby again.

Plus, the baby would likely be a Leo and Taylor wasn't really vibing with that possibility.

So they boarded a flight to Nashville and spent time with Taylor's mom. Grace learned how to make some of the family recipes that were passed down, she didn't have any of her own. Andrea was very warm to Grace before everything happened, but more so now. She was nearly too kind, it got to the point where Grace insisted that Andrea relax and stopped to make her some tea because she worried the poor woman was going to be hospitable to the point of death.

"Andrea, would you like to join Taylor and I? We're going to pray before bed," Grace knocked on the archway of the living room where her mother-in-law was nursing that cup of tea Grace had made her. It must have been cold by then.

"I didn't think you were religious?" Andrea questioned with curiosity. Taylor had mentioned faith few times in recent years and she mostly thought those were exaggerations.

"Sometimes we pray. I don't know if I believe that we're praying to anything or anyone but it helps Taylor and after recent events, I don't think it could hurt and I don't mind doing it with her," Grace explained, "I just thought I'd offer, no pressure either way."

"You two go ahead. I appreciate the invitation, Grace," Andrea waved it off and turned back to her book, "Tell Taylor to come say goodnight before she actually goes to bed. I'll be up a while and we both know she goes for at least two hours after you crash most nights."

"Goodnight," Grace chuckled before she went down the corridor and then turned on her heels and walked right back to the living room, "I'm sorry, I'm still getting used to this. Uhm, love you."

"Love you, too, hon. Have a good sleep," Andrea laughed warmly and curled back into her book on the sofa.

Grace walked through the house and up the staircase towards the guest bedroom they were staying in. The penthouse wasn't far but Taylor didn't feel like having to go back and forth every day so she'd made herself comfortable.

"Did you see the news article about that guy in Florida who paid someone a hundred and fifty bucks to hug a leopard and then got mauled?" Taylor was laying across the mattress horizontally with her phone in her hands. Her elbows were holding the upper half of her body up as her legs were in the air, ankles crossed.

"I see Florida in the headlines and keep scrolling," Grace pursed her lips, "Are you consuming more trash media?"

"Well I was gonna ask if you wanted me to make you some cheese and crackers but you already got ready for bed," Taylor gestured to the pyjamas, "Are those plaid pyjama— Gracie, those are from my side of the closet! You've rolled the ankles and fuck, you look perfect."