28

Every morning started the same way for the next week

Every morning started the same way for the next week. Grace would sometimes make it to the bathroom, other times it was only the bucket. Taylor would help her, then help her back to bed. Taylor would just start to drift back off to sleep when Grace was up and off again. The nausea persisted for most of the day, no matter what she was eating or if she had nothing left to offer it.

The morning sickness fatigue and the growing a human fatigue hit Grace hard, so she basically showered and then got back into bed. She did some work on her laptop from there, but a lot of it was holding one of the cats for moral support while binge watching that terrible show she'd started a couple weeks before.

Taylor unfortunately had a deadline she had set before she realized how bad it was going to be for Grace and had to get back to work. She was being very cautious while back in the studio doing her re-recordings. She wore masks constantly, was going through enough sanitizer to make her hands dry out and crack and was doing a rapid test daily.

Amber was somewhat suspicious that the virtual AA meetings she, Michael and Grace attended started to have a recurring theme of no cameras on for Grace. She didn't know Grace was tuning in from the bathroom floor some days or that she was sleeping through it on others. At least Grace knew she didn't exactly need to be attending at the moment, even alcoholism wouldn't allow her to risk the baby like that. She cared about their cheese puff too much.

Amber would never mention her suspicions, though, instead she called Grace on the first day of week six, when the baby was the size of a sweet pea.

"Taylor, I am fine," Grace didn't bother to check the caller ID before she answered it because the last hundred calls had been her wife. She was laying on the cool bathroom tile, growing kidneys, a liver and a few other organs was making her too tired to get up and the nausea was too scary to be disturbed.

"Hi, Grace," Amber say joyfully, "Listen! Mike and I were thinking you and Taylor might want to take Gracie for the weekend? I know you're usually busy throughout the week but she really misses you guys. One us can even drop her off at your place."

"I would love to see her," Grace sighed, she decided to be honest because her voice sounded raw, "But I am curled up in fetal position on my bathroom floor and I do not see myself moving for the next six weeks at this rate."

"Ooh, not the morning sickness?" Amber knew she was right. She had no plans of letting Gracie spend the weekend in New York. They had a lane booked at the bowling alley.

"It's terrible and it's not only in the morning!" Grace groaned, "You knew? How did you know?!"

"I just had a hunch. Y'all got quiet, you're normally more up in my face," the blonde chuckled.

"I have no energy to be in your face. My wife is re-recording Fearless and while she is amazing while she's here, when she is not I don't leave this room."

"She's re-recording right now?" Amber was still a huge fan. It didn't matter that they literally family.

"Amber, is that the point, here?" Grace worked up a small smile but it quickly halted, "Okay— bye!"