5

It was normal for Grace Kent to wake up

It was normal for Grace Kent to wake up. She did it every single day, sometimes in the middle of the night. Never after ten in the morning, depending on the events of the night before but usually it was around six.

She woke up at five, not ready to be awake. Her eyes opened as something felt off. Taylor was in bed, she must have climbed in sometime long after midnight. They usually didn't go to bed together, never really had in all of their time together. It was unusual for them to both shut their eyes at the same time. Even after being intimate, Taylor would clean up and wander or read, Grace would rest.

Grace began to shrug the blankets off after rubbing her eyes, careful not to disturb the leg thrown over her own as much as possible. She tried to be gentle, Taylor needed her rest. Grace had gotten out of bed a thousand times without waking her, but that morning she had no choice.

How to approach that particular situation, though, she wasn't exactly sure. Taylor's leg that had been across her own, now that she could see it in the light of dawn, had blood on the thigh, leaking onto Grace's. She pursed her lips and ran her palm across her lover's jaw while whispering, "Hey, darling."

"I'm sleeping," the blonde whined.

"I'm sorry to wake you, I think you need a quick shower," Grace sighed, she hated Taylor's sleepy whine. It made her feel powerless, weak, delicate. Taylor had her wrapped around her finger.

"Do I smell?" Taylor grumbled as she shifted away. She felt the warmth against her leg and jumped to glance at it while suddenly awake, "Shit— fuck, I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry about it," Grace could see the stain on the sheets where the singer's leg had been. Thank god for the mattress cover or it would be more than the sheets going in the trash.

"It's on you... oh my god, I'm sorry."

"Darling, your cycle is four days early, you couldn't have known. This is fine, this is normal," Grace tried to reassure her, "Clean up. By the time you come back, you can get right back into a clean bed."

Three, maybe even two years ago, Taylor would have questioned that statement. She would have asked how Grace knew that or continued to apologize. Instead, she got out of the bed and went towards the dresser to get some clean clothes but her hands were shaky as she tried to open the drawer.

"I'll bring some in for you, it's alright," Grace was removing the duvet cover to assess the damage. Thank goodness Taylor taught her how to make a bed and start a laundry machine once upon a time.

"Are you mad?" Taylor asked, her voice was meek.

"Baby, no," Grace furrowed her eyebrows, "I also have my period every month and if you're not feeling like a bag of garbage about it then it's easy to miss if it's off time. This is okay, I love you."

"I love you, too," Taylor inhaled shakily and went towards the bathroom. Grace could hear the water running to warm up only a half minute later. She got out some fresh underwear and pyjamas for Taylor and brought them into the bathroom, leaving her own pants in the hamper after using a wipe and some water to clean off her leg.