47

"You have the carrier, the diaper bag in case you need to go out, is there anything else?"

"Grace, I can watch him while you go," Amber told her sister-in-law surely as she held Adrian on her hip, "Go watch Taylor's speech, he'll be just fine when y'all get back and I know the first time away is scary but if anything happens I'll give you a call right away. Nothing will happen, but if it does, I'll let you know. You don't have to call to check up on him, Adrian will be okay!"

Grace was in a dress with her hair and makeup meticulously done so she could watch Taylor's NYU speech. They'd originally hoped he could go with them, the box Taylor's guests were in was air conditioned but it seemed like too much of a hassle to bring Adrian there and try to protect his privacy at the same time. Amber had volunteered to babysit and she was one of the essentially three people they trusted to do so, the others joining Grace to watch.

"Babe, babe, babe, zip me up please and thank you," Taylor came into the room quickly. She was running late according to her own schedule because she'd spent an extra ten minutes on the floor blowing raspberries on Adrian's stomach so he'd laugh. As soon as the baby was born, Grace had shifted both their schedules to give them a minimum of an hour extra so Taylor had no reason to be frantic.

"Relax, we're leaving in a like fifteen minutes, you've got plenty of time," Grace did the zipper up calmly.

"I'm making a TikTok and Dad wants pictures and I want pictures and I've never worn a cap and gown before so I'm allowed to freak out because I'm so excited!" Taylor was off again as she finished speaking and Grace looked at Amber in a way that said so many words.

"Aunt Grace, why is there so much stuff in your house?" Gracie asked while holding Grace's Grammy award. Grace was quick to ask her to put that down and carefully set it on a shelf for her because it was heavy.

"That's not a toy, Gracie," Amber warned her daughter with a gentle tone.

"It was on a six foot high shelf, as well," Grace pursed her lips with curiosity but decided it was best if she didn't know how Gracie scaled the place to get to it, "There's a lot of stuff in my house because we live here with a baby and babies require so many more things than you can imagine until you have one."

"I once thought they were like tamagotchi's!" Taylor called from the room she was using as a dressing room before coming out in her cap and gown, "What do we think?"

"You look amazing," Grace was in awe of how great that look worked on Taylor. She was especially fond of the animal print heels because Taylor had put down a variety of options down for Adrian and let him crawl to whichever he liked best.

"You look really pretty, Aunt Taylor," Gracie opened her mouth wide, "Your hat is so weird!"

"Thank you," Taylor chuckled and Scott knocked before poking his head into the room.

"C'mon, we want pictures of everyone! Especially Taylor and Adrian."

"And my wife!" Taylor reminded him sternly as she reached out to Adrian so she could take him from Amber for a few minutes, "Okay, my little cheese puff, come to mama."