8

"So, all we need is an officiant somewhere in the State of New York, and a witness present here and the marriage license and then we sign it and bam, married," Taylor read off her phone after doing a deep dive into the articles

"Are we hiring an officiant, then?" Grace was playing with Taylor's hair while her fiancée had her head across Grace's lap. They were too comfortable on that sectional sofa, a blanket tossed over their bodies while their clothes were on the floor.

"Or we could get one of our friends or family that live here to get a temporary officiant license."

"I'd rather not," Grace couldn't think of one person that meant more to them than all of their friends and family in the state, "It's a challenge to pick just one."

"Then we hire someone off of the five websites this article lists," Taylor smiled softly as her eyes flickered at Grace's face, "And we'll get the guy downstairs to witness, he can stand across the room."

"Okay, are we dressing up?"

"We're getting married on Zoom, babe. What would we dress up for? It's going to be a ten minute thing," Taylor reminded her, "We can if you want to."

"How soon is this going to be?"

"If you apply for the wedding license today... we can get married on Thursday," Taylor said casually but it appeared to be more of a question, "July thirtieth."

"Fine with me," Grace had no issues with that date. She couldn't think of any bad memories attached to it, any important birthdays or otherwise.

"Where's my credit card?" Taylor sat up and went to find her wallet to reserve a time slot with the officiant.

That afternoon, they sat at the kitchen table with Grace's iPad plugged in and propped up. They made sure they would both be in frame and began to make some calls to let people know the new plans.

"Hi, Mom!" Taylor waved as Andrea answered the call from her Nashville garden. She had sunglasses on and some sweat on her forehead from the heat outside.

"Hi, girls! Taylor, Austin and I have been listening to the album all day out here and it's so warm and cozy. We just love it so much."

"I'm glad! Thank you! Can we talk for a minute?" Taylor was nervous about telling her mom about the change up. She thought she might be disappointed that she wouldn't be in person.

"Hey!" Austin called out as Andrea flipped the camera around so they could see him pulling weeds in the flowerbed. He had been visiting when things locked down and never left, Taylor was glad neither of them were alone.