32

For Grace and Michael's birthday, they made the drive up to Michael's farm in upstate New York

For Grace and Michael's birthday, they made the drive up to Michael's farm in upstate New York. Nellie had actually managed to fly in for a visit from London, she'd quarantined and everything. It had been far too long since they were all in the same place.

"Nell, would you mind helping me grab the bags?" Taylor asked after putting the SUV into park. She knew it would only be a matter of time before Gracie flung the door open and tried to pounce on Grace so she requested her sister-in-law help grab their luggage since she made the drive with them.

"Sure," Eleanor hummed as she undid her seatbelt. She opened the backdoor and walked towards the trunk. Grace got out of the passenger side and stared at the door, only to find no one barging through it.

"Where is she?" Grace put her hand flat against her eyebrows to shield the sun. In all the years and all the visits, she had never not been greeted excitedly by Gracie.

"Are they home? The trucks are here," Taylor pulled a suitcase down, "Maybe it's good she won't tackle you, it's probably not good for the baby to get assaulted by a six-year-old."

"The baby would be fine, I wouldn't try to lift her," Grace sighed, her eyes glancing at the eighteen week bump. It was obvious that she was pregnant now, nearly to the halfway point. She gave up on trying to greet Gracie and grabbed her backpack from the floor of her seat, swinging it over her shoulder. Then, the brunette took another glance at the door and walked to the back of their vehicle.

"It's so weird that you are having a baby," Nellie said after closing the back hatch.

"Hey guys!" Amber called out from the window in the kitchen before either half of the couple could reply to that, "Come on in! Gracie's throwing a fit so there's no personal greeter today!"

"Oh no," Grace muttered under her breath. That kid had developed an attitude over the last year that could only rival to few she had met. She still loved her so much but she could be harsh!

"About what?" Eleanor called back.

"She wants to call Mike and I by our first names so everyone in the house is equal! We just aren't replying to her."

"Pfft," Grace started to laugh, "I respect it."

"That's so fucking funny," Taylor hummed with a smile, "She's sixty and six at the same time."

They opened the front door and Gracie was sitting at the kitchen table with a pout, "Hi."

"Hey," Taylor replied as she set the suitcase down, "How's it going?"

"Fine," Gracie sighed, "Did you bring Eleanor?"

"Aunt Nellie came with us," Grace nodded, "I don't get a greeting on my birthday?"

"It's Mike's birthday, too," Gracie raised her eyebrows. Amber really wasn't joking.

"Who?" Grace asked, withholding a smile.